Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Candidate 3 Firmware V1.13
Great update, especially like the track mute/solo function, it's a nice peformance tool!

"- Added: When editing in pattern screen: SHIFT+UP+DELETE Removes the current row and shifts all one up from below the row."

Can you make a function that does the same thing, but only deletes/shifts the column you are currently editing?
(02-14-2018, 12:43 AM)geetee Wrote: Great update, especially like the track mute/solo function, it's a nice peformance tool!

"- Added: When editing in pattern screen: SHIFT+UP+DELETE Removes the current row and shifts all one up from below the row."

Can you make a function that does the same thing, but only deletes/shifts the column you are currently editing?

You can do that already by marking a value or block and press SHIFT+UP/DOWN + DELETE
I won’t do a direct route for it as i am running short with shortcuts.

It’s inly one button more so i think there is no issue here.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(02-14-2018, 07:35 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 12:43 AM)geetee Wrote: Great update, especially like the track mute/solo function, it's a nice peformance tool!

You can do that already by marking a value or block and press SHIFT+UP/DOWN + DELETE

I see. It's just that I don't see myself shifting the rows of all the columns alot, though it is nice feature to have. 

I was used to using this function for only 1 column at a time with Renoise and Impulse Tracker. I used it alot in fact, it was one of the first things i looked to see if was possible when i got the nerdseq.

Marking a value first, makes it less intuitive. Since i would be using it alot.

I understand the limit of shortcuts, but would it make sense to change the current shortcut so it was shifting per column, and for multiple rows shifting you would have to mark the area you wanted to shift?

Hope i'm making myself understandable Big Grin
(02-14-2018, 11:53 AM)geetee Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 07:35 AM)XORadmin Wrote:

I see. It's just that I don't see myself shifting the rows of all the columns alot, though it is nice feature to have. 

I was used to using this function for only 1 column at a time with Renoise and Impulse Tracker. I used it alot in fact, it was one of the first things i looked to see if was possible when i got the nerdseq.

Marking a value first, makes it less intuitive. Since i would be using it alot.

I understand the limit of shortcuts, but would it make sense to change the current shortcut so it was shifting per column, and for multiple rows shifting you would have to mark the area you wanted to shift?

Hope i'm making myself understandable Big Grin

So marking is just one more button press, i don't see the problem here.
Also i think shifting the whole row as easy shortcut is way more common than shifting only the column. For example in Renoise, shifting the row is standard with the backspace or the Insert on a keyboard. Shifting the column must be done through LeftShift+LeftControl+Insert/Delete for shifting the column. I don't know about impulsetrackers shortcuts, but i expect the same here.
The current shortcut is a result of a feature request which i think is good for the usability. I will keep it that way, maybe when i add a computer keyboard connection one day..but for now, i am very limited with my buttons.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I just realised it actually makes total sense how this shifting function is implemented in this new firmware, haha.

I was stuck in a bit of Renoise/IT interface thinking, and only focusing on the notes column, ofcourse you want the TR/MOD values to follow. But it's nice that you can mark an area in a specific column & shift only the row within that column, makes sense when the automation feature will be activated, and you want to keep the LFO values in MOD separate from the shifting.
Good! So any complains? Else i will make the final release for V1.13 then in the next days.
all good for me! i haven't even touched the sample stuff yet but nerdseq has already kicked the er-101/102 out of my rack. great job!
Bug: soloing, muting, unmuting, then unsoloing seems to confuse the NerdSeq and the track stays soloed. You must press solo again for it to actually be unsoloed.

Very small complaint: to mute/solo, you seem to have to press 'start' last. Because of where it's positioned in my case, it's easiest for me to press shft+start with one finger and then 'up' or 'down' with another, which doesn't work. It would be cool for the order of buttons pressed to not matter.
Other than that, this update was awesome!
(02-21-2018, 02:10 AM)uniquepersonno2 Wrote: Bug: soloing, muting, unmuting, then unsoloing seems to confuse the NerdSeq and the track stays soloed. You must press solo again for it to actually be unsoloed.

Very small complaint: to mute/solo, you seem to have to press 'start' last. Because of where it's positioned in my case, it's easiest for me to press shft+start with one finger and then 'up' or 'down' with another, which doesn't work. It would be cool for the order of buttons pressed to not matter.
Other than that, this update was awesome!

The bug: It's no bug, it works as intended. Solo is muting the other tracks and solos the current track by that. So when unmuting one track, doesn't matter which, the solo function is reset automatically...because it is not solo anymore. The moment you mute the solo track, it is not solo anymore. Thats just how it works.

The complaint: It is not possible to change the order. In the first place i tried to avoid any button combinations, but seing the grow of functions it was unaviodable. Just for your case, that would mean that i must have to register the buttons on their release. And that would feel very unreal and not good at all for all involved single and multi-button functions.
This is by the way standard with every computer keyboard.

The compliments: Thank you very much!
Really digging the additions! This is less of a complaint than maybe a feature or functionality request but re: mute/solo would it be possible to make it so that you could select whether mute/solo was toggled or only as long as the button press? Ideal would be something closer to LSDJ where the release order of the button combo either toggles the mute/solo or holds it temporarily but maybe that's harder to achieve. Hope that makes sense. For me, the hold is more playable live than toggle.

Something (maybe) easier - is there a button combo that just resets/wipes all mutes/solo? It's challenging to unmute/unsolo so many tracks.

Last thing - did I notice that button combo pattern cloning was added? Was that in there before? I thought it had to be done through a menu previously but then I think I accidentally cloned a pattern and have no idea how I did it haha