Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
create or edit a project outside of nerdseq
hi,
would it be possible to write a project file "manually"?

would you be willing (because it is reasonably doable, not super secret) and would it be possible for you to describe the data structure of a project file and how to encode and whatever is needed to the point that someone could create one with a script for example?

someone could create an converter of other tracker formats, an offline editor, midi file conversion ..
Planned one day, for now the project files still changes sometimes. But it's not secret and not really special and when i have time i will specify it.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
cool, lookin forward, thanks for the quick reply Smile
I think if you open it with a hex-reader you can already find some hot-spots ;-)
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(02-26-2018, 10:47 AM)XORadmin Wrote: I think if you open it with a hex-reader you can already find some hot-spots ;-)

oh!
i especially enjoyed that one at the end of the file:
53 45 51 55 45 4E 43 45 20 41 47 41 49 4E 53 54 20 52 41 43 49 53 4D
Heart
(02-26-2018, 11:24 AM)holo Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 10:47 AM)XORadmin Wrote: I think if you open it with a hex-reader you can already find some hot-spots ;-)

oh!
i especially enjoyed that one at the end of the file:
53 45 51 55 45 4E 43 45 20 41 47 41 49 4E 53 54 20 52 41 43 49 53 4D
Heart

Yeah!
It would be excellent to have the editor on Win/Mac/iOS/Android to work on stuff either on the go or wherever. Not sure if this was a "planned" thing but would be great for those without a Nerdseq so they can learn the interface. Just a virtual version that is standalone and can write projects/songs/patterns, etc.
perhaps we can move this one to the feature requests? I too would REALLY love if there was a text file that we could edit for preparing as much as possible outside the system. The rossum assimil8or has text based configuration files which I was able to cook up some python scripts to make a workflow that is really nice.
I would love this feature as well. Especially for naming sequences and organizing projects. Also backups could be done this way as well. Smile
--Scott