Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
midi thru?
Hi, enjoying my nerdseq today, I have a Arturia keystep plugged in to the midi in, and thought.. scheiBe I might want to use my korg minilogue ontop of what ever it is I'm doing..  I tried seeing if maybe I set the korg midi channel to ch 7, then I could control it from the nerdseq expander acting as a midi through (playing the keystep controller plugged into the nerdseq midi in). it didnt work, checked the manual but couldnt find what I was looking for. I know I could use a midi thru box, but I want to see if I can avoid spending to get the answers.

So I thought I'd ask to see, is this a thing yet? is there a more midi implementations to be seen?

also I thought It might be interesting to have a midi channel  style track. Like how theres a regular CV gate tracks, then sample tracks, I image it being very useful, a track able to announce polyphony, then I could justify getting a Prophet synth!..
There is no Midi-thru currently. Maybe i will add the option in one of the next releases.

And generally thats exactly the plan, dedicate one or more tracks to midi. So one can have 3 voice polyphony + CC etc per track. I got a sketch for it already and it will be one of the next things.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(08-30-2018, 06:36 PM)XORadmin Wrote: There is no Midi-thru currently. Maybe i will add the option in one of the next releases.

And generally thats exactly the plan, dedicate one or more tracks to midi. So one can have 3 voice polyphony + CC etc per track. I got a sketch for it already and it will be one of the next things.

very very cool!

By the way, I am really excited for the matrix expander. Im planning to use this device in a live setting where I play my drumset along with my modest eurorack system. If what I saw on youtube is correct, then being able to launch sections of songs is going to be unbelievable for eurorack. 

This thing is going to be unstoppable.