Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
odd time signatures
Does anyone have any efficient hacks/workflow for quickly programming odd time signatures (5/4, 7/8 etc)?

At the moment, I am mainly playing with step lengths (and it is great how easily you can dial in different lengths for each track), but I also read that changing groove will attain the same results. I havent quite got my head around how that would work, however, without risking desynchronising tracks. Would be interested to see what others are doing. 

Cheers
I guess it depends on what you have in mind.

If you want a 5/4 bar that lasts the same duration of a 4/4, I'm not sure it's doable. Unless by chance there is a Groove setting that fits, but that's unlikely.
If you want a 5/4 bar that lasts 5/4 of a 4/4 bar, then you just have to use 20 steps (or 10 steps with a Groove value set at C ?). In conjuction of this you can use BRK 110 or BRK 120 etc so everything remains well organized in pages.
I was trying to figure this one out as well. I really want to be able to write patterns in different time signatures. I messed about with groove settings but haven’t been able to wrap my head around it. With how powerful the NerdSeq is you’d thinking it was definitely possible.
Hey, by different time signatures you mean something like half speed, double speed?

The brk commands together with different groove settings can give you a wide variation of (odd) time signatures. But then you must also be aware of what you are doing.

In a future version i will add standard settings per pattern (and track) for different clock dividers / multipliers.