Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample creation software
I have been able to create my own drum samples that work beautifully in Nerdseq. However, I struggled to get to an audio file format that works with Nerdseq and none of it 16 bit.

1. To start I went with Logic Pro 10.4.2 and made some mono 8 bit and 16 bit *.wav drum samples - very short and small - none of these samples worked  Sad

2. I  exported the same samples as unsigned 16 bit *.raw using Audacity and they also failed  Sad

Failed as in: Wave file looked corrupted and upside down in the Nerdseq screen? and sounded like noise/shite. 

3. I exported the same samples as *.raw unsigned 8 bit *.raw with Audacity and used those and DaDah! all's good.  Smile

Leaving aside Audacity is doing a better job than Logic Confused - is there a best software/process we should use to create samples for Nerdseq?

Cheers
b
The Raw format is only 8 bit unsigned.
For wave 8 and 16 bit mono/stereo are supported but some types do still make problems (as in they load but sound is noise).
Also the size is very limited. < 200kB

I can read most of the usual sample libraries and some not. It's on my list to find out whats wrong with these then.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile