Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remote start
I'm not even sure what to ask for, but what I'm after would be a way to start the sequencer (like SHIFT+START) with a footswitch. Maybe a MIDI implementation, or something with the clock input, or ???. I guess I'm just asking if there is any feasible way to do it, and if so, that's what my request is.  :-)
Currently you can start 1 track through standard Midi start. But a setting where you can decide either starting 1 track or the whole row (where the cursor is of course) seems to be a good idea.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(10-21-2018, 07:49 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Currently you can start 1 track through standard Midi start. But a setting where you can decide either starting 1 track or the whole row (where the cursor is of course) seems to be a good idea.

I am still just getting to know the Nerdseq so sorry if this is an obviously bad idea.  It seems to me that it would be useful for the 4 input signals to be routable to control the cursor position, maybe by directional trigger (+V moves right/up, -V moves left/down), as well as controlling start/stop or shift-start/shift-stop.

I don't have the MIDI expander but I do have the ability to map foot controls to CV signals.  I would really be happy to be able to toe-tap my way through song positions on the Nerdseq.
They are just not enough inputs for that. Actually through midi, you can either start one track and by holding shift you can start the whole row.

There is more stuff to come for external control.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
You could rewire the sega controller into a little foot controller if you were trying to foot tap navigate? just a thought
(01-11-2019, 11:35 PM)skybox Wrote: You could rewire the sega controller into a little foot controller if you were trying to foot tap navigate? just a thought

Haha...i thought about that and yes it is definitely possible. Either re-wiring a controller or using the connector directly.
But with the direct connector you would need an extra chip or microcontroller as the Sega controls are splitted in 2 parts.
Else you got only a part of the controls.