Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automations
I would Like to be able to send the clock pulse out of one of the automations. 

I send the mod source to a voltage block's clock in which can be used as either a regular clock pulse, or a cv

Being able to choose between these two things mid performance, mid song, would be nice

Im using the LFO right now from the automation, but unfortunately  I cant lock it in with the tempo.

I figured you could have different clock divisions/mults as one the parameters, maybe even logic? oooo now I'm starting to get greedy.
You can synchronise the LFO wave to the pattern (either using pattern or tick for the clock).
If you use now the bitrate to 1 then you can create a square wave (depending on the waveform you choose) and with speed 1 you would get 1 clock within 64 steps of the pattern..usign higher speeds will fasten your clock then. Choosing a good range + offset + phase will take care for a good signal on your MOD output.

But i can't guarantee the stability / jitter for this, as the Automators got a lower resolution than the clocking itself. It should work though i think.
If you really want to divide or multiply clocks, then you'd better use an external multiplier/divider on the clock output as this would be the only perfect solution for now.
I apologize for asking rtfm type questions but how does the pattern option under clock in lfo settings work? I couldn’t find the answer in the sonicvoltage tutorials. Tick makes the voltage block step, but pattern seems to not do anything, I’m definitely doing something wrong
Tick and pattern just synchronize the position of the LFO wave to where the mainclock of the sequencer is. And the difference between tick and pattern is, that the resolution for pattern is then 64 steps, so the wave is splitted to 64 steps while the resolution of ticks is 6 times higher, giving a much smoother waveform.
Both should work well.
(02-04-2019, 08:10 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Tick and pattern just synchronize the position of the LFO wave to where the mainclock of the sequencer is. And the difference between tick and pattern is, that the resolution for pattern is then 64 steps, so the wave is splitted to 64 steps while the resolution of ticks is 6 times higher, giving a much smoother waveform.
Both should work well.

This is the part of the sequencer that is confusing. I'm trying to sync a triangle wave to the clock somehow. I'm getting crazy audio modulation depending on the LFO speed. Is it correct that only a free running lfo will be smooth and syncing to pattern or tick will be stepped?
(04-13-2019, 11:05 PM)LonzoB Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 08:10 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Tick and pattern just synchronize the position of the LFO wave to where the mainclock of the sequencer is. And the difference between tick and pattern is, that the resolution for pattern is then 64 steps, so the wave is splitted to 64 steps while the resolution of ticks is 6 times higher, giving a much smoother waveform.
Both should work well.

This is the part of the sequencer that is confusing. I'm trying to sync a triangle wave to the clock somehow. I'm getting crazy audio modulation depending on the LFO speed. Is it correct that only a free running lfo will be smooth and syncing to pattern or tick will be stepped?

Free clock is running smooth. If it's synced to clock then it's of course not running as smooth.
If you set it to tick and speed to 1, then the triangle runs exactly one patternlength with a resolution of 384 steps. If it's set to pattern then it's 64 step resolution. So yes Ticks and patterns are stepped while ticks are higher res.
For a better resolution you might want to use an external tap lfo and clock it from the NerdSEQ. I didn't plan to get it smoother.