Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oscillator "Auto" Tuning
Thumbs Down 
Would it be possible to add an auto-tune routine so that you could save profiles for each oscillator, to compensate for their non-linearity?

Patch one of the CV outs to the 1v/oct in of the oscillator, tune the oscillator to be a precise note, then connect a simple waveform out of the oscillator (square or something) to the clock or reset in (depends on which is connected to a pin of the microcontroller that can do hardware interrupts) and then have it go through the routine, increasing the CV on the output and measuring the resulting freq of the oscillator
Hey Sky,

i think that should be possible in theory. Even though with that you could make every non 1V/Oct oscillator a 1V/Oct oscillator.
I actually have implemented code for different output linearities. But currently only 1V/Oct is active.

I will think about it, but no urgency for me at the moment. Aren't there also modules for this already?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I think so, but wouldn't it be nice? Smile