Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPFX - Reset Base Clock
I couldn't find a way to do this with any of the current FX or SPFX (I tried every clock reset function), but I would like a way to instantly reset the base clock bar that runs at the bottom back to the start.  It makes pattern launching out of whack when I perform live or use weird pattern lengths that don't match up with the 4 main Launch Queues.
You use the resync tracks / resync all tracks functions for that. It resets the selected to the baseclock.
Either as live usable from the nerd menu or as spfx function.

Everything else would bring you out of sync to all other gear which is connected to the clock.
I guess the results I expected from reset would do it like: the moment the next pattern launches it would immediately set Base to zero and not when the current Base finishes its current pass. So what happens is I will do a 16 bar fill with SPFX to reset all tracks, next pattern plays but after 48 steps everything resets. So if I launch a new pattern manually it launches 16 steps earlier than designed. I don't use external gear so I guess this would be more for someone who runs everything exclusively thru nerdseq's internal seqs.
Here's a video example of when I use the reset all function, you will hear it resets the bass line and samples 16 steps too early because the base clock resets at the end no matter what:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vgGWWQvnfxQLw39G6

I guess the SPFX I would like is for the progress bar at the bottom to be reset after it sees the command: set base clock to count Zero -now- for example at the first step of a new pattern after a shorter fill like in the video OR have to be set clock count to zero on next step (last step of fill) depending on how the sequencer is coded.

With this I could manually launch new patterns not yet played in a live session without having to double-tap Start every time and hope it launches correctly instead of being 16 steps off.
(04-03-2019, 10:39 PM)skybox Wrote: Here's a video example of when I use the reset all function, you will hear it resets the bass line and samples 16 steps too early because the base clock resets at the end no matter what:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vgGWWQvnfxQLw39G6

I guess the SPFX I would like is for the progress bar at the bottom to be reset after it sees the command: set base clock to count Zero -now- for example at the first step of a new pattern after a shorter fill like in the video OR have to be set clock count to zero on next step (last step of fill) depending on how the sequencer is coded.

With this I could manually launch new patterns not yet played in a live session without having to double-tap Start every time and hope it launches correctly instead of being 16 steps off.

Yes i see.

I will consider an additional reset all SPFX for the version after the next release.
Glad to hear it!! Thanks for hearing me out Smile
Yes. I need to figure out myself why some stuff is needed and if it is not possible already. Thats why i sometimes refer to functions that are already there.

By the way, next version will already help you a bit with your issues i think.