Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FX for sample length
Question 
Hello, I'm still in first steps with NerdSeq so excuse me if this already exist.
I'd like to have control over the internal samples length when creating beats, something like a gate or decay would be nice.
Is it possible?

Thanks!

By looking deeper in the manual seems that the KILL command is what I'm looking for, hopefully this will implemented in the next firmware release.
I believe this has already been requested but I also wanted to mention that you can create your own "envelopes" by manually entering volume values in the pattern screen in succession.
(05-04-2019, 06:34 PM)skybox Wrote: I believe this has already been requested but I also wanted to mention that you can create your own "envelopes" by manually entering volume values in the pattern screen in succession.

Thanks for your response, I'm aware about that volume technique but it is more useful for loops, I need this to shorten already short samples like a hihat or a snare sample to fit better in the groove
the manual says its not yet done:
KILL → (2do) Stops a sample at a given time. So resolutions between steps are possible
Maybe try NOTE OFF. Where you want the sample to end, Press DELETE twice, until you see the NOTE OFF symbol; [ ]. The sample will stop playing until the next recall.
T3t_one this will not work, as stated above I need to cut an already short sample that ends before the next step.
The solution is in my first post, we need to wait until the KILL fx for samples will be implemented in next firmware.
Perhaps double the amount of ticks (groove setting) and BPM, you’ll get more resolution, the samples will cover more lines and thus more decay when using NOTE OFF.

You’ll use twice as many patterns this way because all clocks are doubled, a 16 line beat now needs spread out over 32 lines for the original BPM, but it gives more control where you need it.

Another thing you could do is route your sample to a VCA and EG then modulate the level of the EG using a MOD channel in Nerdseq.
(05-05-2019, 01:00 PM)T3t_one Wrote: Maybe try NOTE OFF. Where you want the sample to end, Press DELETE twice, until you see the NOTE OFF symbol; [ ]. The sample will stop playing until the next recall.

(05-05-2019, 04:47 PM)T3t_one Wrote: Perhaps double the amount of ticks (groove setting) and BPM, you’ll get more resolution, the samples will cover more lines and thus more decay when using NOTE OFF.

You’ll use twice as many patterns this way because all clocks are doubled, a 16 line beat now needs spread out over 32 lines for the original BPM, but it gives more control where you need it.

Another thing you could do is route your sample to a VCA and EG then modulate the level of the EG using a MOD channel in Nerdseq.

Yes, I'm aware of the doubling resolution trick but not so very precise to cut samples. Your 2nd suggestion is what I'm using now but has the disadvantage to apply to both samples in a channel
Yes, Kill in the next Firmware.