Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'live input' monitoring on/off shortcut
While I use cv/gate recording I find myself often turning on or off 'live input' in the menu constantly so that i can hear what im doing before i record it, slowing down and interrupting the creative process.
We need a faster way to turn on or off live input, it needs to be able to be switched on the fly.  a shortcut is the only way i see it possible. its that's not an option, if anyone has any suggestions of a quicker way to switch let us know!

some more context;
i often use the inputs to record gates for drum patterns with a manual gate buttons. ill have gates going into inputs 1,2 and 3, for say, kick snare and high hat. when writing patterns, ill practice my pattern, and when im ready, ill start recording. as it is now you need to go into the menu every time you want to play back your recorded pattern/ready to record or switching back to listening to your live input to get ready to record your next pattern. switching on the fly without having to go into the menu every time would make a much smoother process.
this would also make it more useable in a live setting. turn on live input to jam along with the other tracks/path and then when your ready, quickly record into a pattern and let it loop on the fly.
I don't own my NerdSEQ for a long time and jut discovered this. My intention was to be able to live record sequences using a Linnstrument and basically use the NerdSEQ like a MIDI looper which would allow to further modify and mangle the recorded sequences but it's not possible at the moment because Live Input needs to be switched of for me to be able to listen to the pattern I just recorded.
A faster way to switch live input off would indeed be great but I'm not sure it'd be enough for my use actually.
(09-14-2020, 10:30 PM)koyl Wrote: I don't own my NerdSEQ for a long time and jut discovered this. My intention was to be able to live record sequences using a Linnstrument and basically use the NerdSEQ like a MIDI looper which would allow to further modify and mangle the recorded sequences but it's not possible at the moment because Live Input needs to be switched of for me to be able to listen to the pattern I just recorded.
A faster way to switch live input off would indeed be great but I'm not sure it'd be enough for my use actually.

Hey, i assume you talk about Midi. Midi doesn't have this issue since midi has strict note on off commands and so using it as a kind of midi looper works very fine (check cuckoos video, thats what he does).

This topic is about CV input and if the CV input is routed to the output (which is what the talk here is about), then it of course this situation occours. CV is a continuous signal and it makes this more difficult.

So using the Linnstrument should have no issues.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile