Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerdseq Triggers to Doepfer A-142-2
Hi, Excuse me chipping in....I agree with XORadmins comment to me earlier in the thread - I dont think the issue is the rising edge, this looked fine, I feel it was the voltage level i.e. the Doepfer module need a solid 5v or more. The A-183-4 I bought makes the NerdSEQ trigger a full 5v and problem solved. In accordance with the 'spec' we should not need an absolute 5v, but in my case, my modules (A-111-6 and A-142-2) do. FYI this is one of the exchanges I had with Doepfer which talked about edges (not the problem) and led me to the A-183-4:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm sorry about the problems with the modules. I suppose that it has to do
> > with the level and/or slew rate of the gate signal. Both the A-111-6 and A-
> > 142-2 use envelope generators based on the CEM3310. The CEM3310 required an
> > internal trigger signal which is derived from the gate signal by means of a
> > capacitor. If the rising edge of the gate signal is not fast enough or the
> > level is not sufficient the trigger signal is not generated as required.
> > Please try another gate source (e.g. LFO rectangle or any other rectangle
> > signal) to find out if then it works.
> >
> > We also will release a new module (A-183-4) soon that works as a quad level
> > shifter and slope enhancer.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Dieter Doepfer

Cheers
Tony
I have a Nerdseq with an Doepfer A-140-2 and it doesn't work.

A friend of mine have a Nerdseq with an Doepfer A-140-2 and it works, he send me vidéo !!!!

I don't understand, so we have to see each other to try to share our enveloppe and our nerdseq. But I buy a second one new Dopfer A-140-2 and I have the same issue.

Nerdseq :

I noticed the A140-2 won't trigger properly with my nerdseq. It seems it's really picky about finding an "edge" in order to trigger rather than just a voltage level. Checked on the oscilloscope and found that the nerdseq's trigger outs have a very slight soft edge to them - works fine for everything else, but not for picky modules like the A-140-2. Amplifying the trigger outs works, but I'm wondering if it can be modded to be made more sensitive.
(09-08-2020, 08:01 PM)Cedre Wrote: I have a Nerdseq with an Doepfer A-140-2 and it doesn't work.

A friend of mine have a Nerdseq with an Doepfer A-140-2 and it works, he send me vidéo !!!!

I don't understand, so we have to see each other to try to share our enveloppe and our nerdseq. But there is a lot of chances that my nerdseq wil be the problem

Cause I buy a second one new Dopfer A-140-2 and I have the same issue.

Mine (A-140-2) arrived today and it just works well.

Also a simple test using the CV outputs. It keeps on working until somwhere below 2 volts. That would be the gate behaviour i would assume.
Even with a really slow slew/glide it keeps on working.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I find this on 

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewto...6&start=25

Doepfer A140-2
One small downside is that it seems to need a fairly large gate signal to open properly. The gates from my expert-sleepers es-40 expanders do not work well with it: decay doesn't work at all (release might not have, either). It worked fine with an es3, however. I will investigate this further when I have a chance.

Nerdseq

I noticed the A140-2 won't trigger properly with my nerdseq. It seems it's really picky about finding an "edge" in order to trigger rather than just a voltage level. Checked on the oscilloscope and found that the nerdseq's trigger outs have a very slight soft edge to them - works fine for everything else, but not for picky modules like the A-140-2. Amplifying the trigger outs works, but I'm wondering if it can be modded to be made more sensitive.

I will try with my friend to share our modules
My friend who have also a NerdSeq and also a Doepfer A-140-2 came and the envelope works with his nerdseq and not with mine ???????

We try different configuration and my nerdseq doesn't work with the Doepfer A-140-2.

I think that some nerdseq have a problem with the rise of the trigger signal
(09-09-2020, 04:20 PM)Cedre Wrote: My friend who have also a NerdSeq and also a Doepfer A-140-2 came and the envelope works with his nerdseq and not with mine ???????

We try different configuration and my nerdseq doesn't work with the Doepfer A-140-2.

I think that some nerdseq have a problem with the rise of the trigger signal

Its a digital output, there is no rise of the trigger signal.

And even if, i tested it with a really slow rise using the cv outputs and glide and it still works. So even the worst rise times should be no issue with a working A-140-2.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I understand but there is something in the air that makes the combo nerdseq/Doepfer A-140-2 wrong.

Next time I will take my nerdseq and go in his home to try it in his case.
Be sure to take your A-140-2 with you.
Hi Thomas

I send you a MP.