Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More envelopes / modulators
Not a nerdseq owner (but keenly awaiting the portable!) so this isn't a request as such, just a question about future feature directions.

Just wondering if there is a plan for more envelopes or modulators beyond the 8? With the new amazing FM capabilities you need 4 envelopes for one voice, so you would use them all up just on the two FM voices, with no envelopes free for the other tracks. 

You could just have another page with envelopes 9-16 or whatever. 

Same question around the modulators: are there plans to add more in future?

Thanks, and awesome to follow your progress as usual  Smile
(11-11-2020, 06:09 PM)Geecen Wrote: Not a nerdseq owner (but keenly awaiting the portable!) so this isn't a request as such, just a question about future feature directions.

Just wondering if there is a plan for more envelopes or modulators beyond the 8? With the new amazing FM capabilities you need 4 envelopes for one voice, so you would use them all up just on the two FM voices, with no envelopes free for the other tracks. 

Hey, why would you need 4 envelopes per operator? You need just as much as you configure and can create the coolest sonic adventures already with very few envelopes. This is not a copy or replication of any dedicated FM synthesizer (or FM Chip) out there. It's an addition to the current waveforms and you can add many specialties to them. And then the NerdSEQ way. :-)

8 Envelopes is the maximum here as i want to keep some processing power for other usefull tools. Same for the Modulators.

I think it is already quite a lot that you get with only 1 NerdSEQ:
Complex Sequencer + 8 ADSR Envelopes + 8 LFO + 4x Sampling + 2/2 Oscillators or 1-4 FM synth....
Guess how many HP these functions as dedicated modules would take in your rack already (not mentioning the price of all that).  Big Grin

So for the NerdSEQ that are the maximum you get. The portable is a totally different story of course.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(11-11-2020, 07:26 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 06:09 PM)Geecen Wrote: Not a nerdseq owner (but keenly awaiting the portable!) so this isn't a request as such, just a question about future feature directions.

Hey, why would you need 4 envelopes per operator? You need just as much as you configure and can create the coolest sonic adventures already with very few envelopes. This is not a copy or replication of any dedicated FM synthesizer (or FM Chip)  out there. It's an addition to the current waveforms and you can add many specialties to them. And then the NerdSEQ way. :-)

8 Envelopes is the maximum here as i want to keep some processing power for other usefull tools. Same for the Modulators.

I think it is already quite a lot that you get with only 1 NerdSEQ:
Complex Sequencer + 8 ADSR Envelopes + 8 LFO + 4x Sampling + 2/2 Oscillators or 1-4 FM synth....
Guess how many HP these functions as dedicated modules would take in your rack already (not mentioning the price of all that).  Big Grin

So for the NerdSEQ that are the maximum you get. The portable is a totally different story of course.

Sorry, I meant 4 envelopes for one 4op voice. 

Definitely the nerdseq can do a lot! Just wondering what the plans are really - being nosey   Smile

I'm mainly interested as a future portable owner, and trying to imagine what it will be able to do! You can tell I am very excited about the portable  Big Grin