Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pattern length - hide what's not used?
I admint I haven't installed the new FW but from what I've seen when you set the length of a pattern to be say 8 steps, the rest of the rows is still there, would it make sense to just hide them since we don't use them?

thanks for considering
First line is already your answer ;-)
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I changed my pattern length to 16 steps, however all of the other remaining steps are still there, they have just been turned white. Is there a way to have the place marker stop scrolling at the end of the pattern length, or am I missing something here?
(12-30-2020, 04:55 AM)spilthyfred Wrote: I changed my pattern length to 16 steps, however all of the other remaining steps are still there, they have just been turned white. Is there a way to have the place marker stop scrolling at the end of the pattern length, or am I missing something here?

It turns to the colour you set up in your user interface settings (mute colour).

I actually think that it is much better that you can still scroll there and edit. I use this often starting with a 8/16 step length, copy end edit other steps and change the length to longer afterwards. So a limitation here would make it impossible to edit there.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I also prefer seeing what's there even if it's not playing, so would like this to be optional if this happens.