XOR Userforum

Full Version: Sample Playback Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was messing with sample playback on Sample8 when I found the almost no sample I loaded would play. Or if it did, all you would hear was a click, if you got the note range just right. I could not get it to happen on Sample7. And if I started with a clean slate after a reboot it would work normally. I actually found that trying to load different samples, despite plenty of free memory could crash the Nerdseq, or generate a memory error message. Either I created a situation in my saved Project, or I stumbled into a bug. I have no plan to report a repeatable bug, but I thought I would drop a note in case it's more common than I imagine.
I guess in the first situation you maybe had any envelopes running for sample 8, or a muted sample channel or possibly bitcrush settings to full?

As for the samples, which samples do cause crashes to you and are they regular plain wave files? Did you load/replace a few samples before?
Which firmware? And any chance to reproduce this all? Because then I can check whats going on.
(03-06-2021, 11:45 PM)XORadmin Wrote: [ -> ]I guess in the first situation you maybe had any envelopes running for sample 8, or a muted sample channel or possibly bitcrush settings to full?

As for the samples, which samples do cause crashes to you and are they regular plain wave files? Did you load/replace a few samples before?
Which firmware? And any chance to reproduce this all? Because then I can check whats going on.

Not the Bitcrush. Envelopes... maybe. The interesting thing is that the single sample in slot zero worked, but nothing I loaded in 1-5 worked.

All factory samples. Latest release firmware. I believe I have a saved Project that reproduces the behavior. Getting it to crash completely again might be a challenge. I had to mess with loading samples a lot before it finally crashed. 

On a brighter note I'm pretty happy with tonight, with very little actually happening...

A project file would definitelt help.

It might be related to the known fragmentation issue which can be caused by loading / replacing samples. Be always aware here that this could cause problems.
(03-07-2021, 09:45 AM)XORadmin Wrote: [ -> ]A project file would definitelt help.

It might be related to the known fragmentation issue which can be caused by loading / replacing samples. Be always aware here that this could cause problems.

Good to know