XOR Userforum

Full Version: Keyboard input driving me crazy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any success using an external keyboard and the NerdSeq Inputs? 

I'm using a Keystep 37 which outputs CV and Gate, but pressing a key (eg, C-1) gives me a B-1 50% of the time.

I've spent weeks trying auto calibration and manual calibration. I can get the NersSeq to track from C-0 to C-8 from the Keystep 37 for a few minutes, but then notes start to drift.  

Is the problem with the Keystep 37 or the NerdSeq inputs?

Input 1 Record is set to Cursor CV
Input 2 Record is set to Cursor Gate

I've tried using an Intellijel UMIDI (sending MIDI from the Keystep 37) but get the same result. It's pot luck as to which note appears in the NerdSeq.

If the Keystep37 is the problem, can anyone suggest a keyboard that would work with the NerdSeq inputs?
The keystep is the problem. It has a slew on the CV and the CV is stable around 5 milliseconds after the gate.
You can use the cv input compensation which I made especially because of that.
They are also other threads and scope pictures about it.
Actually, there is no compensation for the cursor input, but only for the regular recording.
(07-05-2021, 09:44 PM)XORadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, there is no compensation for the cursor input, but only for the regular recording.

Ah, the slew explains it. Thanks.

Am I right in thinking a regular MIDI keyboard plus the Intellijel UMIDI will behave properly with the CV inputs?
(07-05-2021, 10:28 PM)anamorphic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2021, 09:44 PM)XORadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, there is no compensation for the cursor input, but only for the regular recording.

Ah, the slew explains it. Thanks.

Am I right in thinking a regular MIDI keyboard plus the Intellijel UMIDI will behave properly with the CV inputs?

I don’t know the intellijel one. But generally I would always suggest using direct midi input to the NerdSEQ because it has much more possibilities.
I use the Keystep with MIDI which works PERFECTLY

And since you can select different tracks with MIDI channels, it's perfect - changing MIDI channels on the Keystep is super fast.
(07-06-2021, 10:57 AM)depaffect Wrote: [ -> ]I use the Keystep with MIDI which works PERFECTLY

And since you can select different tracks with MIDI channels, it's perfect - changing MIDI channels on the Keystep is super fast.

I have the same setup and use the Keystep the same way - it's great for both writing new sequences and songs as well as do live play/performance.
Got the XOR MIDI expander and it's working perfectly with the Keystep37 Smile