Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alternative switch color
I'd like to swap some switches color, does anyone have a hint of the part number/manufacturer, or button caps if any?
For the square ones the caps can be replaced, but the rectangle ones need soldering since the cap replacement can be destructive and these are also not available.

I got a few other colours here for both and else this is the manufacturer:
https://www.marquardt-shop.com/products/...tches.html
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
hope it's okay to bump an old thread... but my "sequencer/mark" button is no longer working properly, from normal use. I was thinking maybe I can try to remove the panel and try to clean the connection and replace the switch if necessary? But this thread seems to indicate that this might be harder than I originally thought. Any advice for me?
(05-18-2021, 06:53 PM)codydjango Wrote: hope it's okay to bump an old thread... but my "sequencer/mark" button is no longer working properly, from normal use. I was thinking maybe I can try to remove the panel and try to clean the connection and replace the switch if necessary? But this thread seems to indicate that this might be harder than I originally thought. Any advice for me?

If you can solder a bit then it is for sure possible. 

The issue is more about cap replacement since you need to bend the plastic of these oval buttons and it is easy to bend them too much.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(05-18-2021, 07:22 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 06:53 PM)codydjango Wrote: hope it's okay to bump an old thread... but my "sequencer/mark" button is no longer working properly, from normal use. I was thinking maybe I can try to remove the panel and try to clean the connection and replace the switch if necessary? But this thread seems to indicate that this might be harder than I originally thought. Any advice for me?

If you can solder a bit then it is for sure possible. 

The issue is more about cap replacement since you need to bend the plastic of these oval buttons and it is easy to bend them too much.

Ah, I see what you mean. I took it apart yesterday and inspected it. Luckily, I have the perfect tool to help me with bending the plastic to take the oval button cap off! I don't see any dust or anything, it seems like the copper/foil/whatever that acts as the spring has completely worn out.

I can solder, and have soldered many DIY modules, but I don't think I trust myself to replace a component on this board. It seems to require a degree of precision that I'm not so comfortable with. 

My plan is to order a bunch of replacements -- I suspect this won't be the last one that will need replacing Wink -- and find a professional locally who can take this on for me.

Can you please let me know which oval button/switch product number you use for the black version of the nerdseq? On the Marquardt store, I see two versions that look like they could be correct: 6450.003 (black, but not pure black?) and 6450.0005 (charcoal? I suspect this might be the version you use). 

And while we're at it, is it also possible to let me know the product number for the square button switch? Since I might as well buy replacements for those as well, just in case. I see that they are two separate pieces

I also notice that Canada isn't listed in their location list. I hope this doesn't restrict me from ordering from them!
Canada is missing from the list of countries they ship to. Normally I'd ship to my box in the united states (I live near the border) but with Covid the border has been shut down, so I can't get across to pick things up.

I found a part with a different color on mouser.ca. Trying to find a matching cap for the square push buttons, but it seems very difficult. Perhaps if you can give me the product number for the square button switch, that will help. At the moment, I can only find the "illuminated" variant, with the "illumination hole" in the cap.

Thanks very much for your help!

(I bet I won't be the only one to wear out the buttons on my nerdseq!)
(I'm using the sega gamepad as much as I can these days, which helps! but it still doesn't have direct access to all buttons...)
(05-19-2021, 04:14 PM)codydjango Wrote: Canada is missing from the list of countries they ship to. Normally I'd ship to my box in the united states (I live near the border) but with Covid the border has been shut down, so I can't get across to pick things up.

I found a part with a different color on mouser.ca. Trying to find a matching cap for the square push buttons, but it seems very difficult. Perhaps if you can give me the product number for the square button switch, that will help. At the moment, I can only find the "illuminated" variant, with the "illumination hole" in the cap.

(I'm using the sega gamepad as much as I can these days, which helps! but it still doesn't have direct access to all buttons...)

Hey Codydjango,

actually no worn out buttons so far and i expect that not to happen that fast. These are robust industrial buttons with a very high pressing-rate.

I will contact you to get you to the buttons.

Cheers
Thomas
(05-19-2021, 04:21 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 04:14 PM)codydjango Wrote: Canada is missing from the list of countries they ship to. Normally I'd ship to my box in the united states (I live near the border) but with Covid the border has been shut down, so I can't get across to pick things up.

Hey Codydjango,

actually no worn out buttons so far and i expect that not to happen that fast. These are robust industrial buttons with a very high pressing-rate.

I will contact you to get you to the buttons.

Cheers
Thomas

Must just be my bad luck, then! Thanks, Thomas, we'll get this sorted Big Grin