Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter note triplets
Hello all,

Still wrapping my head around the NerdSEQ, but I an absolutely in love with it. I've been sequencing some of my favorite 8-bit era video game tunes for practice and ran into some quarter note triplets.

I have nosed around in the manual and through the videos I could find, but still don't understand how to sequence quarter note triplets. I assume it has to do with the Groove column, but I am struggling working out what the column should look like, and if it is possible to do while maintaining the 4 bar (64 step) pattern length. 

I appreciate any advice or guidance you more experienced noodlers might be able to share.

Thanks!
(03-17-2021, 04:15 PM)FiFitheGreater Wrote: Hello all,

Still wrapping my head around the NerdSEQ, but I an absolutely in love with it. I've been sequencing some of my favorite 8-bit era video game tunes for practice and ran into some quarter note triplets.

I have nosed around in the manual and through the videos I could find, but still don't understand how to sequence quarter note triplets. I assume it has to do with the Groove column, but I am struggling working out what the column should look like, and if it is possible to do while maintaining the 4 bar (64 step) pattern length. 

I appreciate any advice or guidance you more experienced noodlers might be able to share.

Thanks!

You do use the tables at best for it.

Set it to the triplet preset (shift+nerd in the table -> Preset. Change that to triplet and press OK to take it over).
And the triplet/ratchet is now set to 1 step = quarter note.  For  half a note you set the speed to 2, for a full note, you set the speed to 4.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(03-17-2021, 04:22 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 04:15 PM)FiFitheGreater Wrote: Hello all,

Thanks!

You do use the tables at best for it.

Set it to the triplet preset (shift+nerd in the table -> Preset. Change that to triplet and press OK to take it over).
And the triplet/ratchet is now set to 1 step = quarter note.  For  half a note you set the speed to 2, for a full note, you set the speed to 4.

Awesome! Thank you for the amazingly fast reaponse.
It immediately wipes whatever was in the table of course ;-) Cuz... it's a preset obviously :-)