Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send midi start and stop message
(11-29-2021, 01:08 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:59 PM)Terekki Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 09:44 PM)mewraz Wrote: Hi!

I have tried to search the manual and forum for this but can not find it.
Does the nerdseq send midi start and midi stop messages when I start / stop the sequencer?
I use the new trs-a midi expander.

Thanks!

I cannot get midi out on the midi expander to start stop reset the clock in my bitbox mk2. The BB recieves start stop fine from Pam's expander and from my launchpad pro. Midi clock out is set to on in settings - anything else I need to do? Thanks.

No nothing you need to do. When you press shift+stop then the nerdSEQ stops and sends out a midi stop message. 
Are you sure you configured the bitbox well?

There is no setup on the BB for this it just works - Ah, so the NerdSeq only sends a stop msg if you shift stop, not stop start the clock being sent to the NerdSeq, gottit. I was wondering why the BB was not resetting when Pam's was stop/started. My NS is clocked from a  Pam's channel 24 ppqn.
(11-29-2021, 01:47 PM)Terekki Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 01:08 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:59 PM)Terekki Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 09:44 PM)mewraz Wrote: Hi!

I have tried to search the manual and forum for this but can not find it.
Does the nerdseq send midi start and midi stop messages when I start / stop the sequencer?
I use the new trs-a midi expander.

Thanks!

I cannot get midi out on the midi expander to start stop reset the clock in my bitbox mk2. The BB recieves start stop fine from Pam's expander and from my launchpad pro. Midi clock out is set to on in settings - anything else I need to do? Thanks.

No nothing you need to do. When you press shift+stop then the nerdSEQ stops and sends out a midi stop message. 
Are you sure you configured the bitbox well?

There is no setup on the BB for this it just works - Ah, so the NerdSeq only sends a stop msg if you shift stop, not stop start the clock being sent to the NerdSeq, gottit. I was wondering why the BB was not resetting when Pam's was stop/started. My NS is clocked from a  Pam's channel 24 ppqn.

Ah ok I see. There is actually no start/stop with a regular modular clock (not only nerdSEQ but in general). If you can do DINsync with Pamelas and set the input of the NerdSEQ to be DINSYNC, then it will also send midi start/stop. It does send it if the sequencer is started or stopped, either externally or with the buttons or by the sequence.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile