Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track 3 Stops Arbitrarily
Track 3 stops and I'm not sure why. I have a few direct clock divide and multiply FX as well as some random jump FX sprinkled throughout the track, but all of a sudden it just stops, my other tracks keep playing.

Is there an FX that makes it stop somewhere and I just can't see it?

Thanks in advance.
Maybe the stop track spfx or could be also a start pattern command but leads to a spot which is not filled anymore on the sequencer screen.

Maybe you add your project if you can’t find it.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I'm not sure. The only SPFX I could see in my pattern was Random Jump but when I deleted all the SPFX on track 3 the behavior stopped.

Does the "Reset Track FX" in the Nerd Menu "reset to zero" all values of FX, like SCLK or the probabilities? Example: If I delete PRTR and use the "Reset Track FX" command from the Nerd Menu, it will reset and my triggers will fire %100 of the time again?
(04-20-2021, 12:36 PM)Karlo Wrote: I'm not sure. The only SPFX I could see in my pattern was Random Jump but when I deleted all the SPFX on track 3 the behavior stopped.

Does the "Reset Track FX" in the Nerd Menu "reset to zero" all values of FX, like SCLK or of the probabilities? Example: If I delete PRTR and use the "Reset Track FX" command from the Nerd Menu, it will reset and my triggers will fire %100 of the time again?

It actually resets glides and the probability for modular tracks.
Probability, glide, bitcrush, distortion and wavefolder for the Sample tracks

But I have to admit that this function is kind of obsolete as it doesn't make sense anymore to reset many values which doesn't have anything to do with values in the sequencing.

It doesn't have anything to do with whats somewhere in a pattern. Also deleting something somewhere in a pattern doesn't reset it's values.

Random Jump shouldn't affect a track to stop, so it should be something else I guess.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(04-20-2021, 12:46 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 12:36 PM)Karlo Wrote: I'm not sure. The only SPFX I could see in my pattern was Random Jump but when I deleted all the SPFX on track 3 the behavior stopped.

Does the "Reset Track FX" in the Nerd Menu "reset to zero" all values of FX, like SCLK or of the probabilities? Example: If I delete PRTR and use the "Reset Track FX" command from the Nerd Menu, it will reset and my triggers will fire %100 of the time again?

It actually resets glides and the probability for modular tracks.
Probability, glide, bitcrush, distortion and wavefolder for the Sample tracks

But I have to admit that this function is kind of obsolete as it doesn't make sense anymore to reset many values which doesn't have anything to do with values in the sequencing.

It doesn't have anything to do with whats somewhere in a pattern. Also deleting something somewhere in a pattern doesn't reset it's values.

Random Jump shouldn't affect a track to stop, so it should be something else I guess.

I'm still developing my work flow with NerdSEQ, and being able to reset to zero probability FX that I tried, didn't like, and deleted - only to find they are still there, has been a little frustrating. I'll try using the Nerd menu command "Reset Track FX" more to address this, so I wouldn't say Reset Track FX is an obsolete command... unless you have other workflow improvement suggestions that I'm missing? How do you delete FX commands that you tried and didn't like? How do you make sure they are "reset to zero"? Thanks!
Probabilities are as the other commands in the current values screen, so they are easy to set to any value you want. There is no clear line what should and what should not include a reset all FX.
See that this sequencer got different modules included, some only dedicated to the sequencer, some are automators, some are envelopes, the FM engine, oscillators etc. Nearly all can be manipulated through FX, but that doesn't mean that they are part of a sequence. So resetting globally all values would most probably destroy most of your setup which is definitely not wanted.

When you execute FX commands and change functions or values by that then you would need to change these functions yourself to the desired position. Or generate a patch which is probably easier to try things.
Deleting with automatic reset (what is a reset anyway) is and will not be an option.

Back to the topic, do you know now what stopped your track? Maybe you can add your project file so I can find out what makes it stop.
(04-20-2021, 01:20 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Probabilities are as the other commands in the current values screen, so they are easy to set to any value you want. There is no clear line what should and what should not include a reset all FX.
See that this sequencer got different modules included, some only dedicated to the sequencer, some are automators, some are envelopes, the FM engine, oscillators etc. Nearly all can be manipulated through FX, but that doesn't mean that they are part of a sequence. So resetting globally all values would most probably destroy most of your setup which is definitely not wanted.

When you execute FX commands and change functions or values by that then you would need to change these functions yourself to the desired position. Or generate a patch which is probably easier to try things.
Deleting with automatic reset (what is a reset anyway) is and will not be an option.

Back to the topic, do you know now what stopped your track? Maybe you can add your project file so I can find out what makes it stop.

I fixed my track from stopping by deleting all my FX, which worked, I don't know how or why, but it fixed my issue.

Your workflow is to set FX you tried and didn't like to "zero" and not delete them? 

I'm definitely going to try using a patch, but a patch is per row/step only correct? 

Thanks for your suggestions and recommendations.
(04-20-2021, 01:49 PM)Karlo Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 01:20 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Probabilities are as the other commands in the current values screen, so they are easy to set to any value you want. There is no clear line what should and what should not include a reset all FX.

I fixed my track from stopping by deleting all my FX, which worked, I don't know how or why, but it fixed my issue.

Your workflow is to set FX you tried and didn't like to "zero" and not delete them? 

I'm definitely going to try using a patch, but a patch is per row/step only correct? 

If you want to try out probabilities for example, set them in the patch and press SHIFT+OK there, it will set the value. Not good, set it to 100% again and SHIFT+OK again.  Like this.
Or change it in the current values screen until you like it. This will be saved with the project. Else you can still choose to set the same value through an FX.

Patches do work also as like all FX at once, so if you set a value there, it will stay (depends on the value).
(04-20-2021, 02:05 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 01:49 PM)Karlo Wrote:

If you want to try out probabilities for example, set them in the patch and press SHIFT+OK there, it will set the value. Not good, set it to 100% again and SHIFT+OK again.  Like this.
Or change it in the current values screen until you like it. This will be saved with the project. Else you can still choose to set the same value through an FX.

Patches do work also as like all FX at once, so if you set a value there, it will stay (depends on the value).

Okay, interesting. I see the value in using a Patch for something like probabilities. I will try that. Thank you!