Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NerdSEQ Theory and Random Jump
I love the SPFX Random Jump, but the pattern with Random Jump has to cross the last row for it to change to the next pattern so it never changes over "in synchronization" with the other patterns in that row.

I tried using FX STSP from another pattern hoping it would change the pattern with the Random Jump FX once the STSP pattern completed, but the Random Jump pattern still waited for it to cross the last step before it would change.

Is there an FX like STSP that will change another pattern in a different track instantaneously (or at the end of FX STSP pattern cycle) ignoring where the cursor is on the Random Jump pattern?
Hmm, there is a sync track command which synchronizes the track (or all tracks) on a zero cross of the mainclock and another one which synchronizes directly to the mainclock position. However, that doesn't work well with pattern launching because they is some state overruling happening with jump and sync commands.
The sync to master clock can for sure take care that a new pattern is in sync with the mainclock.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Yeah, Random Jump is awesome for what it does but it doesn't play well in the context of a orchestrated composition when attempting defined pattern changes.

My other option is closing my mixer VCA so the pattern with random jump gets muted. Unfortunately this isn't going to give me the intended result either due to limitations with my VCA, mix, and sound source configuration in my rack. It's too complicated to go into the boring details as I'm sure everyone has their own modular puzzles to solve. I was just curious if there was another FX I was missing somewhere that would accomplish the pattern launch regardless of cursor position on an "upstream" pattern.

Thanks!