Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple Q re Envelopes on CV16
Hi Nerds,

I'm playing some more with Envelopes on CV16 and there are a couple of things that aren't clear to me:
  • how do Attack/Release (A>R) and Attack/Sustain (A>S) envelopes work? My guess is, A>R do immediately enter the release phase after having finished the attack phase. Those lengths depend on modulator settings. A>S stays in the sustain phase until the release phase is explicitly started or the envelope is restarted. Right?
  • is there a way to create a gate that is 0.5*step length long, i.e. 3 ticks when a step is 6 ticks? I know how to achieve that (or something similar enough) when notes are longer than 1 step. How do I do that for 16th notes (assuming one step is a 16th note)?
That having said:
I really like the envelopes and they are good enough for quite a lot of my usecases. However sometimes I want plain ordinary gates. Is there something like autogate for CV16? Preferably like on track Y say something "take the note values from track X and create gates with a rising/falling edge on note start and create the corresponding falling/rising edge after notelength * 0.5 ticks".

Or would that be too complicated?
(I'm happy to repeat that in the feature request section Smile )

Kind regards,
Michael
(04-29-2021, 11:09 PM)mgd Wrote: Hi Nerds,

I'm playing some more with Envelopes on CV16 and there are a couple of things that aren't clear to me:
  • how do Attack/Release (A>R) and Attack/Sustain (A>S) envelopes work? My guess is, A>R do immediately enter the release phase after having finished the attack phase. Those lengths depend on modulator settings. A>S stays in the sustain phase until the release phase is explicitly started or the envelope is restarted. Right?
  • is there a way to create a gate that is 0.5*step length long, i.e. 3 ticks when a step is 6 ticks? I know how to achieve that (or something similar enough) when notes are longer than 1 step. How do I do that for 16th notes (assuming one step is a 16th note)?
That having said:
I really like the envelopes and they are good enough for quite a lot of my usecases. However sometimes I want plain ordinary gates. Is there something like autogate for CV16? Preferably like on track Y say something "take the note values from track X and create gates with a rising/falling edge on note start and create the corresponding falling/rising edge after notelength * 0.5 ticks".

Or would that be too complicated?
(I'm happy to repeat that in the feature request section Smile  )

Kind regards,
Michael

Quote:how do Attack/Release (A>R) and Attack/Sustain (A>S) envelopes work? My guess is, A>R do immediately enter the release phase after having finished the attack phase. Those lengths depend on modulator settings. A>S stays in the sustain phase until the release phase is explicitly started or the envelope is restarted. Right?
Exactly

Quote:is there a way to create a gate that is 0.5*step length long, i.e. 3 ticks when a step is 6 ticks? I know how to achieve that (or something similar enough) when notes are longer than 1 step. How do I do that for 16th notes (assuming one step is a 16th note)?
You do that with the local gates. The CV Expander is usually not made to create gates but modulations and voltages/notes.

Quote:I really like the envelopes and they are good enough for quite a lot of my usecases. However sometimes I want plain ordinary gates. Is there something like autogate for CV16? Preferably like on track Y say something "take the note values from track X and create gates with a rising/falling edge on note start and create the corresponding falling/rising edge after notelength * 0.5 ticks".

Also here, it is not created for gates. (Though you can easily create gates with the envelopes). There is no automatic setting for this, but I would (and I did in the promo video) put either local gates next to the notes or then the envelopes. You need to know that the envelopes are not related to ticks/tempo. So when you change your bpm it will not change.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Thank you. Makes sense Smile