Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch Patterns in New Row To The Nearest Queuepoint
This was discussed in the General Discussion section so I am just putting this here as a formality. 

To have the ability to launch a row of patterns to the nearest Queuepoint, ignoring the length of currently playing patterns.
Yep, there is potential in this functionality. I will check the impact of this to implement and will probably use a setting to use either this or the other way since there are no real shortcuts for this available (and weird combinations is something I try to avoid anyway).
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Nice!!! Thanks for considering this. As much as I love the nerd menu, if this could be done with an FX (like a forced STSP) then no complicated key commands could be avoided.
(06-08-2021, 01:38 PM)Karlo Wrote: Nice!!! Thanks for considering this. As much as I love the nerd menu, if this could be done with an FX (like a forced STSP) then no complicated key commands could be avoided.

It would be a setting, the Nerd Menu would not be involved.

The STSP command is the same as the actual start-button. So this would follow the selected function.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I can only speak for myself, of course, but for me a setting would be fine. Any time I’m doing a row start I expect all the tracks to sync up at the next queue point, even those not changing to a new pattern. (Not sure if that last wrinkle is what Thomas and/or others have in mind in terms of expected/planned behaviour, though.)
I see the merit in having a setting for the behaviour of the START button.

However with the STSP FX you could provide additional variants that enforce one or the other behaviour regardless of the setting while the existing variant remains unchanged and thus follows the proposed setting.

It had been suggested elsewhere that a command SHIFT+2*START could be used to start the whole row in sync - either immediately or at the next queue point. I find that an intuitive/logical addition as it seems to nicely match with SHIFT+2*STOP.
(06-09-2021, 08:11 PM)mgd Wrote: I see the merit in having a setting for the behaviour of the START button.

However with the STSP FX you could provide additional variants that enforce one or the other behaviour regardless of the setting while the existing variant remains unchanged and thus follows the proposed setting.

It had been suggested elsewhere that a command SHIFT+2*START could be used to start the whole row in sync - either immediately or at the next queue point. I find that an intuitive/logical addition as it seems to nicely match with SHIFT+2*STOP.

STSP doesn‘t have enough information for an additional start-type.

I got already a good idea on how I will probably do it.
(06-09-2021, 08:11 PM)mgd Wrote: It had been suggested elsewhere that a command SHIFT+2*START could be used to start the whole row in sync - either immediately or at the next queue point. I find that an intuitive/logical addition as it seems to nicely match with SHIFT+2*STOP.

Nice.