Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCRD vs. table allowed notes
A quick question about using the PCRD fx while a table is active, and quantizing to subset of allowed notes in an octave:

My setup here is I have a simple 8 note sequence with 2 of the notes randomized to range 0.  I have a table setup to disallow some notes so the sequence sounds 'nice'.  On all of these 8 notes I also have a PRCD in the FX1 slot (PCRD 014 to be precise).  What happens when PCRD calculates the notes in the chord for the remaining 3 CV outputs based on the randomly selected root note, and those notes are disallowed by the table?  Does PRCD win? does the table just quantize the notes (I have quantize setting 'down' resulting in the [potentially] incorrect chord), or does the PRCD calculate 'correctly' based upon the allowed notes in the table.  I guess the real question is the order of operations between the table and PCRD in fx 1?  I have tried to study it as it plays through but it is hard to make out what is happening on the randomly selected notes.  Thanks!
Actually, the table transpose is only working for the local track note but not for notes that are generated in any way on other tracks (liike with chords from PCRD).
There is no order here as like with other FX commands since tables are not generated from the player but got their own player.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
So that would be perfect. The root note is constrained but the chord is calculated correctly?
(08-07-2021, 01:32 PM)geremy Wrote: So that would be perfect.  The root note is constrained but the chord is calculated correctly?

The table is probably affecting anc changing the played note (which is then also the basenote for the chord). So with the table the chord will pick up the table transposition. But if for example another step in the table changes the note then the other parts of the chord (which are playing in other tracks/cv outputs) are not updated but only the 'basenote' from the local 'table' track.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Yeah that makes sense. I'm not really doing anything with the table other than constraining which notes of the very narrow range can be chosen. So there isn't any text in any table step.
So quick question, and maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

If I have something like:

Note: C-2    FX1: PRCD 014  (7th Minor Chord)

I would expect:

CV1: C-2
CV2: D#2
CV3: G-2
CV4: A#2

However, I get:

CV4: B-2

Any reason why this could be?

Thanks!
(09-29-2021, 03:16 AM)geremy Wrote: So quick question, and maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

If I have something like:

Note: C-2    FX1: PRCD 014  (7th Minor Chord)

I would expect:

CV4: A#2

However, I get:

CV4: B-2

Any reason why this could be?

Thanks!

This is because it is defined that way. You are looking for PRCD 016. Find attached a cheat sheet I created.

Kind regards,
Michael

Attached Files
.pdf   nerdseqChords.pdf (Size: 271,5 KB / Downloads: 12)
Oh, Ok.  It looks like the definition for 7th minor and 7th minor/major are reversed.

Ok. thanks.
(09-29-2021, 11:55 AM)geremy Wrote: Oh, Ok.  It looks like the definition for 7th minor and 7th minor/major are reversed.

Ok. thanks.

That may be - I'm not fluent in english chord naming conventions. In german we have "kleiner Moll Septakkord" and "großer Moll Septakkord". The difference for root C would be A# for "kleiner Moll Septakkord" or PRCD 016 and B (H) for "großer Moll Septakkord" or PRCD 014.

A german page that has extensive coverage of all sorts of chords is comprehensive chord explanations

Kind regards,
Michael