Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swing setting for internal BPM generator
It would be nice if you could set not only internal BPM in NerdSeq but also 16th note's swing of this internal BPM.

I am aware of the ability to make swing via groove/ticks column - it is great when you want total control over groove or nerding strange combinations of groove on different tracks. But sometimes you just want swing on your whole setup and that's it. Global setting of swing would be quite handy solution.
I agree. Using groove to swing a whole song works fine, but is tedious.
I also agree.  I would also like this swing to affect the external clock output.

I understand not wanting to perform 2 seperate calculations on clock duty cycle per step, so I'm also ok with a global groove transpose...but it would be good if it affects the external clock output.
Agree!

Using the groove column doesn't give you fine enough control of groove
Ah common.....give me some rest...
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Just kidding of course:
https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...63#pid7363
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Updated and testing now!  Thanks!
Wow, excellent work Thomas!
(08-29-2021, 10:45 PM)depaffect Wrote: Agree!

Using the groove column doesn't give you fine enough control of groove

Wow, really? What kind of fidelity would you be looking for? I'm genuinely curious. I always thought that it's pretty granular as is, if anything I think we're missing higher groove values, not lower.
I can’t speak for others, but sometimes even 7/5 can be a bit much for what I’m doing and I find myself wishing for something akin to 6.5/5.5 without having to apply a workaround like doubling the track multiplier.

I’m away from the modular right now but am really looking forward to playing with this new version. So many neat improvements!