Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I stop all playing patterns repeating (not abrupt)
(09-09-2021, 07:36 PM)JX3D Wrote: Actually I would love if it was an option in Settings, so we could chose between how SHIFT+STOP works. Like normal, or like STOP for a row.

To be honest I think changing how key combos work in options is a can of worms we should not open. I do agree 100% though that it is a useful performance addition to allow for all patterns to be stopped after playing one last time. It's very reasonable.
(09-09-2021, 06:19 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 05:16 PM)vidret Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 02:19 PM)mgd Wrote: Changing existing shortcuts is always hard on those used to the (then) old shortcuts. IMO that should not happen unless there is very good reason.

Yeah for sure, but double tapping does fall in line with the current START/STOP implementation, whereas adding shift to the equation would just do the same thing but for all of them.

I'd like this addition, but if it messes with anything else then ofc there are workarounds (I was trying to find this very shortcut just yesterday!)

tapping PLAY: plays that pattern next
double tapping PLAY: plays that pattern directly

tapping STOP: stops that pattern next
double tapping STOP: stops that pattern directly

pressing SHIFT+PLAY: plays all patterns next
pressing SHIFT+double PLAY: plays all patterns immediately

pressing SHIFT+STOP: stops all patterns next
pressing SHIFT+double STOP: stops all patterns immediately

Is there something that would collide with this? There might be some functionality I'm not aware of as well that covers this in different ways.

Sounds basically logic. 2 things to consider:
The YES/NO to stop the sequencer function.
Some people like to stop and start the sequencer in beat to create a break. This would add an additional button pressing (hence people are used to a start and a stop button which starts and stops the sequencer in like all other sequencers...but I prefer to be not able to stop if not intended).

Not sure if there is anything in the way else right now. I can't really focus too much right now as I am pushing overhours for superbooth.....

The YES/NO option could simply give you the warning sign perhaps? Since this would in effect behave the same way now.

The instant break is harder to solve, except simply planning so your second tap is on the beat (or using shift+stop ahead of the beat!).

It's a feature that can wait for superbooth I think Big Grin good luck