Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tables & Note Allowed '>>>'
Wondering if anyone can shed light on how to use the Note Allowed (>>>) option in Tables. In principle I understand how it works and I think it can work great for scale based arpeggios - however, when I use it, the note value outside in the Pattern seems to get ignored. 

For example, I have a C3 on the first step and C5 on the 8th step of a Pattern with a Table (00) set to use Note Allowed and a specific Scale. On play I can hear an arpeggio but it's very low and not C3 or C5. If I remove the Table (by changing it to Table 01) then suddenly the notes are played at their correct pitches, but when I move back to Table 00 then they go low and don't change.

I can use other methods (like manually setting notes or using the Random feature) just not the Note Allowed feature.

Any tips?
It basically should work.
You have Quantize set to one of UP/LOW/COIN (i.e. it does not say NO)?
How is your Range setting?

You may wish to describe in detail what you do as in provide ALL settings - leaving out the ones you think are not important isn't helpful because you may not understand what is important and why Wink

Kind regards,
Michael
(09-23-2021, 05:39 AM)mgd Wrote: It basically should work.
You have Quantize set to one of UP/LOW/COIN (i.e. it does not say NO)?
How is your Range setting?

You may wish to describe in detail what you do as in provide ALL settings - leaving out the ones you think are not important isn't helpful because you may not understand what is important and why Wink

Kind regards,
Michael

Yes I had Quantize set to Coin. I didn't set Range though (I thought that was for the RND setting)... will try again.
You are right, range is probably not relevant in your case. What are your settings for Source and Type?

E.g. when you set Quantize to COIN, Time to INT.Tick or INT.Time and Type to >Resync or >Loop, then you can hear a fast variation of the quantized value (with every loop of the table).

Therefor:
what are your exact settings?
That includes the length of the table and also what you entered where.

FWIW when I have a pattern with e.g. the notes C-2, E-2, and G-2 and table 00 is in the first row (nothing else in the pattern).
Table 00 is empty except for Time = INT.Tick, Type = >Resync, Quantize = LOW and Chord and allowed Notes set to Cdim (C, D#, F#), then the notes that I hear are C-2, D#2 and F#2 (instead of C-2, E-2 and G-2).

Same setting except Quantize = COIN results in funny high speed oscillation between D#2 and F#2 on the second step and between F#2 a C-3 on the third step.

Kind regards,
Michael