Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 pin extension cable
I need a longer cable for my 16 trigger expander, I notice the cable is 14 to 14 pin!

Anyone know where I can buy one in the UK?

Thanks
I made up my own cable it's reasonably easy if you have a vice or pliers.

RS Components

Ribbon cable https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/flat-ribb...e/2899852/

IDC connector https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/idc-connectors/8323512/
Talking about custom cables to connect several NSA:
Are there any buffer/repeater between the two plugs on the back of an NSA or are they essentially just passively connected?

The question that I really wish to get answered is this:
Do the NSA have to be daisy chained or could they as well be connected in a star like pattern (or a mix thereof), e.g. the NerdSEQ main module in the middle and from there 4 cables to each of the 4 NSA?
[disregarding the question how I would have 4 cables start at the main module]
(09-25-2021, 09:11 AM)mgd Wrote: Talking about custom cables to connect several NSA:
Are there any buffer/repeater between the two plugs on the back of an NSA or are they essentially just passively connected?

The question that I really wish to get answered is this:
Do the NSA have to be daisy chained or could they as well be connected in a star like pattern (or a mix thereof), e.g. the NerdSEQ main module in the middle and from there 4 cables to each of the 4 NSA?
[disregarding the question how I would have 4 cables start at the main module]

Either star or daisy chained would work fine.
Also longer cables work usually fine but I can’t give any guarantee for it to work in all situations. My guarantee is that it works with the delivered cables.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile