Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NerdSeq and polyphonic oscillators
Hi,

in the near future i want to buy a polyphonic oscillator to connect to the NerdSeq.

In my mind i have
1010music Synthbox
Flame 4 Vox

Does anyone here use a polyphonic oscillator together with NerdSeq and can tell about his experiences?
Are there other modules i have overseen?
In the moment i am using QU-Bit Chord and Music Thing Modular Chord Organ, but that modules have to much limitations in really free selection of the wanted chord.

Olli
I own a 4vox , and waiting for the midi-part to be running in one of the next firmware-updates.
Now i use the internal chords of the 4vox , or use the 4 osc-parts as voices for one chord...
So for now poly/paraphony is limited , i can achieve most of the stuff i want to do , but it´s not easy to get my head around chords spread up to several
sequencer rows and patterns.

But i´m confident that it be wonderful in the future Wink
Thanks, for your answer!

As long as the MIDI out in the NerdSeq is not implemented, couldn't the CV1 .. CV6 FX types in patterns be used for polyphonic sequencing?
The root note would be input as normal note in the pattern and the other notes of the chord are defined through the CV FX types?
So one could define a chord in one pattern in one row and not spread between 3 or 4 patterns.
For example a normal note on track one and via FX CV2 and CV3 the other two notes for track 2 and 3.
(04-01-2018, 11:06 AM)ollim Wrote: Thanks, for your answer!

As long as the MIDI out in the NerdSeq is not implemented, couldn't the CV1 .. CV6 FX types in patterns be used for polyphonic sequencing?
The root note would be input as normal note in the pattern and the other notes of the chord are defined through the CV FX types?
So one could define a chord in one pattern in one row and not spread between 3 or 4 patterns.
For example a normal note on track one and via FX CV2 and CV3 the other two notes for track 2 and 3.

Thats possible but needs a bit of work in the first place as the CV-FX values are the real values and not quantized notes. However, you could make your own chord patches by this very easily. Check which values the notes have (differs on all nerdseqs caused by the calibration, but you can see the values in the current values screen after playing a note). And then create patches with the different note values. By that you can create chord patches used by 1 track.

Makes me think about adding note quantized FX-CV possibility
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Hi
I use Quadnic with 4 pitch cv from Nerdseq
Its a paradise...
This is fresh from today:
https://instagram.com/p/BhBfY2uneqY/
"Makes me think about adding note quantized FX-CV possibility " ----- YES , would be awesome Smile