Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Gate
Hi there,

just wanted your idea about that:
At the moment, when you put in a note then the gate will be set automatically which i think is fine in general and you release the gate through note off or the other possibilities. And if you don't want the automatic gating, then you add the KILL 000.

One thing i think about to change is that if you also insert something in the trigger in the same column as the note, that the automatic gating will be overruled and has no effect anymore. Now it will autogate and do the trigger command.

So should i leave it like this or should i remove the auto-gate when something is filled in in the trigger column?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Maybe add the new behavior as a system or patch setting? Best of both worlds?
I´m fine with the behavior as it is , but an option as a patch setting would be cool.
Just for some background information. I wanted to make a fast simple bassline and i found out it would be more convenient if the autogate was turned off when inserting the triggers.

With patch setting you mean Project setting i guess? Because this is a editor function which shouldn't be in a patch.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Turning that off would be nice for me because i do forget that KILL command sometimes which occasionally leads to audible inconsistency.
But now i have to check first how much i do like this inconsistency ;-)

Also i did use both, CV and Trigger, while having a PRTR so the note would play either long or short. Will that still be possible, will you check for the trigger after evaluation of the FX columns?
Maybe also some commands on the FX section to make all notes in a pattern send either gates or triggers?

For example, a command like GTR 020 (global trigger) would make all notes have a specific trigger length rather than a full gate. A command like GGT (global gate) or just an FE value in the trigger column can then alternate back to the previous auto-gating behaviour, in case you want to sustain notes on certain parts.
(04-08-2018, 09:46 AM)shledge Wrote: Maybe also some commands on the FX section to make all notes in a pattern send either gates or triggers?

For example, a command like GTR 020 (global trigger) would make all notes have a specific trigger length rather than a full gate. A command like GGT (global gate) or just an FE value in the trigger column can then alternate back to the previous auto-gating behaviour, in case you want to sustain notes on certain parts.

I don't think that fits in to the concept. I try to avoid to use the FX column for things that one can be archieved with the normal sequencing stuff for the most of it. (Except basenote)
If i would start to add things like this it will end up in 100+ fx commands and that wouldn't be nice anymore to browse => lost in commands.

I tend more to a setting for auto fill triggers as an alternative together with the auto gate turned off.
A menu setting to determine default auto-trigger behaviour would be fine - I could still determine long gates by sending FE triggers anyway.
I always end up having to insert a ton of kill commands because I program triggers a lot so I really like the idea of a trig command removing the gate. I'm all for it! An option in the settings makes sense too.