Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probability Question
Hello. Maybe I'm not understanding probability effects correctly but here is my scenario:
  • 16 step pattern
  • BRK on step 16
  • BASE on FX1 of step 1 transposing sequence
  • Probability of FX1 on FX2 of step 1 set to 25%

When the probability triggers, not only is the sequence transposed, but the BRK on the 16th step is ignored and the entire 64 step sequence plays. Is this the intended effect? Can you not effect the probability of FX1 on one step without effecting FX1 on a different step?

Anyone have any insight?
You set the probability for FX1 to 25%. As the BRK is also on FX1 it is affected the same way as everything else in the FX1 column. If you don't want this behaviour, put the BRK to FX3 in your case, for example.

When you set the probability, it will stay until you turn it off again. It is not only for 1 step.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Thanks. Would another solution to be setting the probability of FX1 to 100% on a subsequent step?
(04-22-2018, 06:15 PM)SOPiiAC Wrote: Thanks. Would another solution to be setting the probability of FX1 to 100% on a subsequent step?

They are no subsequent steps.

If you want the probability for just one step, then you could use FX1 to change the probablity setting of FX2, where your value is and reset it back in FX3.
Or use the patches which run before the FX and reset it at one FX point.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Thanks so much for the input. Fantastic module. I've finally found a sequencer that works for me. Can't wait to see where the firmware is headed.
Thank you! And trust me, there is nice stuff coming in the future.