Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tv output?
Hi! I must ask if the tv output is actually something ur working on? Or if it just was for Superbooth?
I liked that idea...small screen on top of a modular and a sega controller seems like a perfect combo  Smile
in one of the videos at superbooth, he said it was just for superbooth... but he also mentioned that we are requesting it and maybe a future module for an external screen... wouldn't expect to see it soon though.
It needs some more extra work until it is 'perfect'. Because now it is also using some processor power, which you don't hear, but feel slightly and that would be something to address in the first place.
Also, for this expander, 3 wires or a 3 pin connector would need to soldered. (there is a unpopulated 3 pin connector place on the backside which i will populate with the next batch).
For now, it is already perfect for workshops etc, the outputs are HDMI and composite
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Are you saying that if I add the three pins, I can get TV output with existing firmware? I would certainly do that today if that's the case.
The TV output is actually a tricky one, not that it is hard to do, it's actually very easy. But the fact that users would have to solder 3 lines and wire it correctly makes it difficult for the warranty. Not that i am difficult with the warranty, i want to have running NerdSEQ out there with happy people, no warranty issues. But this is a point of failure for the electronic beginner and even for advanced soldergirls/boys.

Also, current stable firmwares don't support it yet. It was a hack in the first place and more than good enough for demonstrations (i will keep using it to demo), but it needs more work to get it to a releaseable state. Not to mention that it is not high on my priority/2do list.

But don't get me wrong. I would love you guys to have TV output as well.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile