Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expander Connections
Question 
Hello everyone,
Just a quick question (also yay first post):

How long are the expander's connection ribbon cables? Can the expanders be placed in separate rows in my rack or do they need to sit next to the nerdseq itself?
My current rack is getting kind of full and finding more than the hp required just for the nerdseq on a single row is becoming very difficult.

Is it possible to have the expanders on the row above and below the nerdeq?

Cheers
Welcome!
I don't know yet. I guess i will offer also different cable lengths. However, cables in general shouldn't be too long, but i don't see any issues with a module in another row.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I don't intend to put them all miles apart, but maybe in the next row above or below.

I could also see the need for longer cables if you have all four expanders next to each other.

Again, thanks for the update.
In my opinion that would be the safest way to play it.

Assume that people love the NerdSEQ ecosystem (because we do), and that we'll have all the expanders (because some of us will). Then there will never be an issue with cable length. Wink
Actually, all expanders have 2 connectors, so one can 'daisy-chain' from one expander to the other and avoid multiple longer cables.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile