Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user pattern question
Hello,    Im a new user of the nerdseq. Im instantly very happy with it. its obvious this is an extremely deep module, but Im only 1 day in so I apologize for the nooby question.

Is this changeable? Do the patterns strictly go down the list only, or can you set up a different chain of events for later parts of songs? 

in the manual its stated "

Chained patterns (next under each other) are automatically chained and play after each other and from the chain begin again once the chain ends. 

"
Hey there,

what do you mean exactly? You can chain patterns but you don't have to. And you can always trigger other chains or patterns or islands of patterns...
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I think Islands of patterns may have been what I was looking for.

Is it that if there is a pattern made directly underneath the current pattern (thinking the sequencer screen), it will play them in succession? but if the (--) is there, it won't continue on?

I apologize, im trying to make sense.... its difficult

also while i'm here, i seem to be able to use midi to control only channel 4 so far. is that weird?

Hopefully these will be the only nooby questions I have, thank you for your help!
(06-10-2018, 11:50 PM)Friend of Dogs Wrote: I think Islands of patterns may have been what I was looking for.

Is it that if there is a pattern made directly underneath the current pattern (thinking the sequencer screen), it will play them in succession? but if the (--) is there, it won't continue on?

I apologize, im trying to make sense.... its difficult

also while i'm here, i seem to be able to use midi to control only  channel 4 so far. is that weird?  

Hopefully these will be the only nooby questions I have, thank you for your help!

Exactly, islands will play in their own loop. You can jump to other islands easily.

I guess you only send midi on channel 4 then. The Midi channels choose the current track/outputs with the current implementation.
Midi channel 1..6 channels 1..6 and 7+ for the samples.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
"Exactly, islands will play in their own loop. You can jump to other islands easily."

I see, very cool.

"I guess you only send midi on channel 4 then. The Midi channels choose the current track/outputs with the current implementation.
Midi channel 1..6 channels 1..6 and 7+ for the samples."

What do you mean by "current implementation"?

thanks for all your help by the way.
(06-12-2018, 04:46 PM)Friend of Dogs Wrote: "Exactly, islands will play in their own loop. You can jump to other islands easily."

I see, very cool.

"I guess you only send midi on channel 4 then. The Midi channels choose the current track/outputs with the current implementation.
Midi channel 1..6 channels 1..6 and 7+ for the samples."

What do you mean by "current implementation"?

thanks for all your help by the way.

At the moment the Midi-Channels are fixed mapped to the tracks / outputs. In a future version, the midi will be freely mappable and get more functions.