Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapping matrix and MIDI note values
(07-04-2024, 07:17 PM)rubberband Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 01:54 PM)rubberband Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 08:15 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Did you try to use only var a and then the value you need? I think that should work as well except for that you probably got to skip the lines.

Maybe?  I had something like:

CTRL XMAP  2RW > ---- ---- ----
VAR  #  A #000 > ---- ---- ----
VAR  #  A  SRC > MIDI TC10 NOTE
VAR  #  A #001 > ---- ---- ----
VAR  #  A #002 > ---- ---- ----

...etc

And had each column in the drum matrix XMAP triggering row 000, 003, 006, etc.  I found that if I was always using the same VAR to set the value to pass to the MIDI note the triggering would get messed up (you get the right number of triggers and the pattern/rhythm is okay, but the wrong note would trigger).  I hadn't thought of using skip though.  Maybe there's a better way to structure changing the value of A and triggering notes that's better for the way the Nerd processes the matrix? 

If I can test or try anything out for you or help let me know.  The NerdSeq is central to everything I do and the active development is really appreciated.

Gentle post superbooth bump.  Any chance that we can get a feature added for something that will let you XMAP a specific midi note # on/off to a matrix trigger without using up a variable to do it like above?  Or am I still missing something on how to do it with the current firmware using a SKIP command for example?

In the next version I added a Midi note on/off trigger to the matrix, that should solve the problem.

And your mess up is related to the fact that everything is still running even without using the XMAP command which does change variables.
What you would need to do here is the following:
Code:
00 SKIP   08 =    =0=0        //always skips the next 8 lines (or how many you need) for regular mapping flow
01 VAR    #  A    #000  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(C-0) ON and Off
02 VAR    #  A    #001  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(C#0) ON and Off
03 VAR    #  A    #002  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(D-0) ON and Off
04 VAR    #  A    #003  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(D#0) ON and Off
And use XMAP 01, 02 etc to trigger the different drums.
It's easy and it works, no other notes coming in between as the regular mapping execution is skipped and you only fire one Row using the XMAP.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(07-05-2024, 10:06 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(07-04-2024, 07:17 PM)rubberband Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 01:54 PM)rubberband Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 08:15 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Did you try to use only var a and then the value you need? I think that should work as well except for that you probably got to skip the lines.

Maybe?  I had something like:

VAR  #  A #000 > ---- ---- ----
VAR  #  A #001 > ---- ---- ----
VAR  #  A #002 > ---- ---- ----

...etc

And had each column in the drum matrix XMAP triggering row 000, 003, 006, etc.  I found that if I was always using the same VAR to set the value to pass to the MIDI note the triggering would get messed up (you get the right number of triggers and the pattern/rhythm is okay, but the wrong note would trigger).  I hadn't thought of using skip though.  Maybe there's a better way to structure changing the value of A and triggering notes that's better for the way the Nerd processes the matrix? 

If I can test or try anything out for you or help let me know.  The NerdSeq is central to everything I do and the active development is really appreciated.

Gentle post superbooth bump.  Any chance that we can get a feature added for something that will let you XMAP a specific midi note # on/off to a matrix trigger without using up a variable to do it like above?  Or am I still missing something on how to do it with the current firmware using a SKIP command for example?

In the next version I added a Midi note on/off trigger to the matrix, that should solve the problem.

And your mess up is related to the fact that everything is still running even without using the XMAP command which does change variables.
What you would need to do here is the following:
Code:
00 SKIP   08 =    =0=0        //always skips the next 8 lines (or how many you need) for regular mapping flow
01 VAR    #  A    #000  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(C-0) ON and Off
02 VAR    #  A    #001  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(C#0) ON and Off
03 VAR    #  A    #002  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(D-0) ON and Off
04 VAR    #  A    #003  >  MIDI TC10 NOTE    //sends Midi Note 00(D#0) ON and Off
And use XMAP 01, 02 etc to trigger the different drums.
It's easy and it works, no other notes coming in between as the regular mapping execution is skipped and you only fire one Row using the XMAP.

Once again, thankyou!  Not only did you show me how to do it you've added the feature.  Amazing  Smile

I'll try out the code tonight, and will keep my eyes open for the next release.  Thanks for making modular even more fun!