Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to input notes with MIDI ?
Is it possible, and how ?
You need the nerdseq midi expander module. In project settings turn midi function to ON - connect keyboard to expander and midi channel 1 goes to track 1, midi channel 2 goes to track 2 etc..

hope that helps
cheers
b
Thanks. I'm already there, I can play MIDI notes, but I don't get how to record them.
I'd be interested both in "live" or "step" recording.

In the Project settings I have :

MIDI INPUT ON
RECORD SETTINGS : MIDI RECORD ON
(12-03-2018, 04:09 PM)chapelier fou Wrote: Thanks. I'm already there, I can play MIDI notes, but I don't get how to record them.
I'd be interested both in "live" or "step" recording.

In the Project settings I have :

MIDI INPUT ON
RECORD SETTINGS : MIDI RECORD ON

Shift + record to turn the rec mode on

RTFM Wink

No step recording mode for the moment. Only live play... but you need to play on the steps with accuracy
Ahhhhhhhh (ashamed smiley)

I see. Live recording seems a bit...ambitious.
(12-03-2018, 04:42 PM)chapelier fou Wrote: Ahhhhhhhh (ashamed smiley)

yes.. because you can't have gate on / gate off on the same step, you need to play on quarter note... kinda hard to get funky... unless you multiply by 2 the tempo of your project Wink
(12-04-2018, 08:38 AM)Fsuchs Wrote:

yes.. because you can't have gate on / gate off on the same step, you need to play on quarter note... kinda hard to get funky... unless you multiply by 2 the tempo of your project Wink

I work on that. We need the funk!
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(12-06-2018, 03:55 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 08:38 AM)Fsuchs Wrote:

I work on that. We need the funk!
Great! Would be amazing to record midi 'off the grid' or something similar.
Would I hear a pattern a created using Push and ableton before I press record / does Nerd Seq in midi record mode allows notes through the channel ? That way I could make a pattern I am happy with using push , maybe even 6 different clips for different channels , once happy press record and play around with it inside the Nerd Seq ...
(01-12-2019, 04:16 PM)HeadTwang Wrote: Would I hear a pattern a created using Push and ableton before I press record / does Nerd Seq in midi record mode allows notes through the channel ? That way I could make a pattern I am happy with using push , maybe even 6 different clips for different channels , once happy press record and play around with it inside the Nerd Seq ...

I would say, in theory, yes. If the timing of both the Nerdseq and your computer is tight, otherwise some notes could be one step ahead/late.