Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to input notes with MIDI ?
(01-12-2019, 07:32 PM)chapelier fou Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 04:16 PM)HeadTwang Wrote: Would I hear a pattern a created using Push and ableton before I press record / does Nerd Seq in midi record mode allows notes through the channel ? That way I could make a pattern I am happy with using push , maybe even 6 different clips for different channels , once happy press record and play around with it inside the Nerd Seq ...

I would say, in theory, yes. If the timing of both the Nerdseq and your computer is tight, otherwise some notes could be one step ahead/late.

It works timing wise with hermod, so it should be wine with Nerd too. Just wondering if it lets notes Through so you sort of preview what you about to record...
Yes it lets notes through for ‘preview’. Still stays the thing that if a note is played and stopped on the same step that it is missing. Still got to fix that.
Still keep in mind, it can record midi, but it’s not a midi recorder.
(01-13-2019, 11:04 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Yes it lets notes through for ‘preview’. Still stays the thing that if a note is played and stopped on the same step that it is missing. Still got to fix that.

Thanks for a quick reply,

That's cool, I believe in XOR, it looks like there is a lot in the pipeline and you getting stuff done !

What I wonder about now tho is, let's say I have a random sequencer like marbles doing it's thing, I like what I hear " freeze " it. I want to record it into Nerd now but the sequence has some fast 64th notes in it . Would it still record okay? In other words what is the resolution you can enter data into the Nerd ? I Guess the resolution is there since you can do ratcheting etc but is it unlocked / accessible to a pattern ?

Hope you know what I mean...
(01-13-2019, 05:32 PM)HeadTwang Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:04 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Yes it lets notes through for ‘preview’. Still stays the thing that if a note is played and stopped on the same step that it is missing. Still got to fix that.

Thanks for a quick reply,

That's cool, I believe in XOR, it looks like there is a lot in the pipeline and you getting stuff done !

What I wonder about now tho is, let's say I have a random sequencer like marbles doing it's thing, I like what I hear " freeze " it. I want to record it into Nerd now but the sequence has some fast 64th notes in it . Would it still record okay? In other words what is the resolution you can enter data into the Nerd ? I Guess the resolution is there since you can do ratcheting etc but is it unlocked / accessible to a pattern ?

Hope you know what I mean...

Yes i understand what you mean. For recording you are fixed to the steps. So if you record any notes between the steps there will likely be quantized into one of the steps. Also the gating relies on the steps. It is not a high resolution CV recorder, so high resolution CV changings from marbles or other sources will be quantized to fit.
It would be so useful to be able to record step by step from cv and midi, for people like me that play melody on keyboard first then transpose to cdefgab ;-)
Is this considered necroposting?

When recording to MIDI track Nerdseq only gets the first note that is played and not the whole chord.
So i cant directly enter chords and record them to the sequencer.

Is there a thing i'm missing here, or is this a bug?
(07-16-2019, 07:29 AM)swashplate Wrote: Is this considered necroposting?

When recording to MIDI track Nerdseq only gets the first note that is played and not the whole chord.
So i cant directly enter chords and record them to the sequencer.

Is there a thing i'm missing here, or is this a bug?

Manual page 60:
Quote:Midi recording into a midi track can record only to the first midi note at the moment. Polyponic recording will be implemented in a future update!

Future update means the next version. I already got polyphonic recording working here.