Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track shifting & sync

Hi,
I didn't find any way to do track shifting with the Nerdseq ?
I do it with the eloquencer and I'd like to synchronize the tracks of both sequencers...
Maybe a feature for a future firmware ? [Image: icon_hail.gif]
(02-11-2019, 02:49 PM)DMAK Wrote:
Hi,
I didn't find any way to do track shifting with the Nerdseq ?
I do it with the eloquencer and I'd like to synchronize the tracks of both sequencers...
Maybe a feature for a future firmware ? [Image: icon_hail.gif]

Hi there

what's track shifting?
Hey !
This is the ability to offset triggers.
Here is an example of a 16 steps drum beat, 4 tracks all shifted with an lfo : https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjncSQoDBs/
I can't get exactly (and hear) out what it's doing in the video. But checking elo's manual it is like this i guess:
Imagine a 16 step sequence where 1 are triggers and 0 are offs.
Shifting one to the right then:
Am i right? And it can be archieved by either track setup or CV with the Elo.

It is not possible with the NerdSEQ. And if i would add shift options, then it would be fore the whole 64 steps currently and would change the pattern.
It wouldn't make sense then on 16 step patterns currently. So when i introduce patternlengths (beyond the brk commands) then it would make more sense, but still, it would change the patterns. It's not easily possible to just change the play routine so it plays shifted. And i don't see it as a priority either at the moment.
You're right but the point is you never get the same sequence.
Starting with a very basic sequence, you just need to add an lfo and you can get a constant evolving and complexe sequence.
Very powerfull trick.
But I get your point and I addressed this issue by recording shifted sequences in the Nerdseq.
(02-18-2019, 09:07 PM)DMAK Wrote: You're right but the point is you never get the same sequence.
Starting with a very basic sequence, you just need to add an lfo and you can get a constant evolving and complexe sequence.
Very powerfull trick.
But I get your point and I addressed this issue by recording shifted sequences in the Nerdseq.

I think i got to play a bit with the eloquencer to really understand the power of what you mean Smile
I will do that at some point, but not at the moment though.
Thumbs Up 
Cool [Image: thumbsup.png]