Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware V1.18 C
(02-22-2019, 05:30 PM)loik73 Wrote: i feel stupid but for me the update process don't work , i try for almost one hour and it never show ,i did the key combination but it always start directly with the V1.17 ?
(and yes i copy the new downloaded firmware on the Sd card)
is there something i forgot or is there an other way ?
thank you

Double check if the new firmware is in the firmware folder.
Hold the buttons SHIFT+COPY+CURSOR UP (the best already before powering on as you might be too late else)
Power on (or soft reset -> Setup screen -> enable debug -> soft reset, but immediately hold the former buttons)
It must go to the bootloader screen then with either a errormessage (then keep holding the buttons so it will repeat to try) or with the firmware check where you can choose to update then.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
thank you!
even the cherries look tastier now!

a suggestion for the firmware update progress bar:
it marches at a very constant and meaningful pace now. wouldnt it be nice to have it race to 95%, wait there like forever and then jump to 100?
(02-22-2019, 08:30 PM)holo Wrote: thank you!
even the cherries look tastier now!

a suggestion for the firmware update progress bar:
it marches at a very constant and meaningful pace now. wouldnt it be nice to have it race to 95%, wait there like forever and then jump to 100?

Haha, the cherries look tastier already since quite a time Rolleyes   (Mostly because the hi-res photo took too much memory, haha)

Good idea with the progress bar...windows style  Big Grin I will think about that for my next project   Wink
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
"cherries look tastier already since quite a time"

not that i'm not looking at it every other day, i just dont give much attention since everything works so fine Smile

fooling around with the new instant in to out while recording it feels like it sounds a bit different when the recording stops.
is it because of a difference in level or because its passed thru constantly and not via sample and hold per step?
anyway, i'm enjoying it a lot.
(02-22-2019, 10:57 PM)holo Wrote: "cherries look tastier already since quite a time"

not that i'm not looking at it every other day, i just dont give much attention since everything works so fine Smile

fooling around with the new instant in to out while recording it feels like it sounds a bit different when the recording stops.
is it because of a difference in level or because its passed thru constantly and not via sample and hold per step?
anyway, i'm enjoying it a lot.

Yes exactly, when you record the CV input you hear it realtime, but the sampling is into the steps and so it is quantized. Not as smooth as a real CV recorder and will never be like it. But it does the job. It still needs extra calibration though. Thats something for the next firmwares.
i do expect stepped cv, infact i enjoyed the glitching effect, but while recording it wasnt so glitchy. guess omitting the bypass and have it played by the normal process after recording wasnt an option? that way all the applied fx would be included too.
(02-23-2019, 10:15 AM)holo Wrote: i do expect stepped cv, infact i enjoyed the glitching effect, but while recording it wasnt so glitchy. guess omitting the bypass and have it played by the normal process after recording wasnt an option? that way all the applied fx would be included too.

No, not an option / not possible. A pattern is playing while it is recording. The recording happens one tick right after the clock raised. That because not all CV are always stable with raising clocks.  So it is a combination of live CV passthrough, playing and recording. I will add some fintune settings at some point where one can setup the recording point, delete or overwrite etc.
the recording option you suggested might be a nice solution because to me it seems to be two usecases that cant be solved at once. 
one is recording notes that come in with proper timing and must end up at the right step.
the other would be an lfo that delivers whatever values and might lead to a happy accident. its much easier to stumble upon and keep a happy accident if you can hear what you will get when recording.
Updated to V1.18 B.

Bugfix of a possible crash:
https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=330
Hello , since I installed the 1.18 firmware (and now the 1.18b) , when I loaded a set that I Saved with 1.18 firmware ,  I press play , after a short time , the Nerdseq reboot.
If I load a other set that I made with 1.17 firmware , when I press play , no problem.
And just after that I can reload the set saved on 1.18 firmware and the bug gone.