Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware V1.18 C
(03-07-2019, 03:47 PM)Kitchentone Wrote: Hello , since I installed the 1.18 firmware (and now the 1.18b) , when I loaded a set that I Saved with 1.18 firmware ,  I press play , after a short time , the Nerdseq reboot.
If I load a other set that I made with 1.17 firmware , when I press play , no problem.
And just after that I can reload the set saved on 1.18 firmware and the bug gone.

Hey Kitchentone,

sorry to hear that. Can you provide me the projectfile(s) please so i can check out whats going on?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Thanks for fast reply , I send it to you as soon as I have more time for me Wink
(03-09-2019, 08:38 AM)Kitchentone Wrote: Thanks for fast reply , I send it to you as soon as I have more time for me Wink

Thank you. I checked your files and it seems to be another hidden bug since the begin.

Here's the case: Playing the first sample after power on + using retriggering + using probability. If the sample wouldn't play cause of the probability, the retrigger would retrigger a sample that has never been there and causes a crash.

I just fixed that in V1.18C which can be downloaded here on the first post.

Thanks for the report and sorry for the trouble.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Ouah , you just be super fast for fixed issues Wink cool !
Thanks for that , I try it as soon as possible .
Ok , I update firmware with 1.18c and cool , the bug issues is out ! ,
Thanks very much for you quick efficiency.
Hi there!

I  tried upgrade to 1.18C. However it looks like I have a problem. Every time I'm pushing shift+copy+cursor up and switching electricity on Nerdseq says "no usable sd-card found", "try to restart" and "drive handle invalid"...

I can load samples and songs from this sd-card without problems, but firmware won't load at all.

What is wrong?
(03-26-2019, 06:34 PM)ural Wrote: Hi there!

I  tried upgrade to 1.18C. However it looks like I have a problem. Every time I'm pushing shift+copy+cursor up and switching electricity on Nerdseq says "no usable sd-card found", "try to restart" and "drive handle invalid"...

I can load samples and songs from this sd-card without problems, but firmware won't load at all.

What is wrong?

I'm nearly sure you didn't put the firmware file correctly onto the SD-Card.
Check the troubleshoot for the firmware update and instruction again. It'll work for sure if all is correctly.

https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4

And you don't need to power cycle. In the setup screen you can do a soft reset after you turned debug on. Then you don't have to power off/on the whole rack.
(03-26-2019, 07:12 PM)XORadmin Wrote:

What is wrong?

Check the troubleshoot for the firmware update and instruction again. It'll work for sure if all is correctly.

And you don't need to power cycle. In the setup screen you can do a soft reset after you turned debug on. Then you don't have to power off/on the whole rack.

Thank you. Did everything again step by step. The same results - the same error messages as before.

Then I tried with debug + soft reset method. Nothing. Even no error messages Nerdseq just restarts itself without going into firmware update mode.

Maybe it is like this because I'm upgrading from 1.18B?
(03-26-2019, 07:55 PM)ural Wrote:

What is wrong?

Thank you. Did everything again step by step. The same results - the same error messages as before.

Then I tried with debug + soft reset method. Nothing. Even no error messages Nerdseq just restarts itself without going into firmware update mode.

With soft reset you still got to hold the buttons.
Check your SD card content. Are you sure it is nerdseq.hex in the firmware folder and not for example nerdseq.hex.txt if you saved the file falsely.

1.18B or any other running firmwares can't be the issue.
Maybe you want to add a screenshot of your firmware folder here (you can attach JPG photos), so i can check if all is right in there.
(03-26-2019, 08:00 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:55 PM)ural Wrote:

What is wrong?

With soft reset you still got to hold the buttons.
Check your SD card content. Are you sure it is nerdseq.hex in the firmware folder and not for example nerdseq.hex.txt if you saved the file falsely.

1.18B or any other running firmwares can't be the issue.
Maybe you want to add a screenshot of your firmware folder here (you can attach JPG photos), so i can check if all is right in there.
Finally I did it.
The problem was in hidden additives of Safari. - Even when I deleted .txt extension the file is still remained somehow "marked" as text file - at least "kind" of file still was "plain text"...
Then I downloaded firmware with Firefox. And with Firefox there wasn't any added file extensions - just nerdseq.hex. And that was it. Nerdseq recognised this file and smoothly update was done.