Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample rates?
Im loading my own samples in WAV 16bit 44.1 format yet they sound like they are badly stretched when  I preview them in the sample browser? What am I doing wrong?
Can you add one of these samples here, so i can check.
When loaded, so they sound ok if played on C-5 ?
[attachment=57 Wrote:XORadmin pid='1701' dateline='1550997772']Can you add one of these samples here, so i can check.

Here you go. This is a simple kick drum sample. 16bit 44.1
Sounds fine on my computer, but sound like a corrupt noise file on the Nerdseq. Hope you can help me figure out what's going on here.

Thx

PS - apologies I had to zip the file because the forum wouldn't let me post as a WAV

Attached Files
.zip   kick_01.wav.zip (Size: 46,59 KB / Downloads: 2)
(02-24-2019, 04:12 PM)audiodog Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 08:42 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Can you add one of these samples here, so i can check.

Sounds fine on my computer, but sound like a corrupt noise file on the Nerdseq. Hope you can help me figure out what's going on here.

Thx

PS - apologies I had to zip the file because the forum wouldn't let me post as a WAV

Thanks for the file. ZIP is totally fine.

I checked that file and it seems different than any standard wavefile. The header is slightly different than a usual wavefile and NerdSEQ detects it wrongly as a 8 bit raw...thats what does the noise but you hear a bit what it could be.

I will get into that to see if i can support it without any problems. Until then, please convert these again using some sample tool (eg audacity) and save to regular 16bit waves. (or 8 bit raw)
(02-24-2019, 08:36 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 04:12 PM)audiodog Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 08:42 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Can you add one of these samples here, so i can check.

Thx

Thanks for the file. ZIP is totally fine.

I checked that file and it seems different than any standard wavefile. The header is slightly different than a usual wavefile and NerdSEQ detects it wrongly as a 8 bit raw...thats what does the noise but you hear a bit what it could be.

I will get into that to see if i can support it without any problems. Until then, please convert these again using some sample tool (eg audacity) and save to regular 16bit waves. (or 8 bit raw)

Ok, will do. Thx for the quick response
(02-24-2019, 02:49 AM)audiodog Wrote: Im loading my own samples in WAV 16bit 44.1 format yet they sound like they are badly stretched when  I preview them in the sample browser? What am I doing wrong?

i'm also having a similar issue even though i used the same software (osx, AudioMove which is just a frontend to libffmpeg etc.) to convert all of my samples, some of them refuse to play in Nerdseq (they sound like harsh noise). Attaching an example, it's a sample of broken xylophone that i made.

Attached Files
.zip   badxylo1.wav.zip (Size: 31,33 KB / Downloads: 2)
(03-01-2019, 02:42 PM)joe_biomassa Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 02:49 AM)audiodog Wrote: Im loading my own samples in WAV 16bit 44.1 format yet they sound like they are badly stretched when  I preview them in the sample browser? What am I doing wrong?

i'm also having a similar issue even though i used the same software (osx, AudioMove which is just a frontend to libffmpeg etc.) to convert all of my samples, some of them refuse to play in Nerdseq (they sound like harsh noise). Attaching an example, it's a sample of broken xylophone that i made.

Hi, i checked the wave files and i recognized that the headers in the files differ from usual wave files.  EG, the xylophone wavefile has a extension (made wit h Logic Pro X) which the NerdSEQ can't process well at the moment.

I will see if i can support extensions and slightly different wave files in the next version. In most cases it should be fine then.
Until then, you can use the free 'audacity' (all platforms) to get a correct format. (Load the wave in there and export as wave again). These don't have problems to load.
(03-04-2019, 12:15 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 02:42 PM)joe_biomassa Wrote:

EG, the xylophone wavefile has a extension (made wit h Logic Pro X) which the NerdSEQ can't process well at the moment.
I will see if i can support extensions and slightly different wave files in the next version. In most cases it should be fine then.
Until then, you can use the free 'audacity' (all platforms)  to get a correct format. (Load the wave in there and export as wave again). These don't have problems to load.
thanks! i used logic indeed to strip silence and split the long recording into one shot regions, and there's a possibility that this extension got sort of retained by subsequent conversions. i'll try the audacity trick, thanks