Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop clock command
I don't think this is a function already, but I would like an FX command which will stop the main clock coming out of the clock output. (and one to start it too).
so i can use the setclock output and resetclock output Fx to do this, if i understand correctly?
No you can't. There is no way to stop the clock output at the moment and i don't see the benefit to do so from the sequencer. However, disabling the clock could be a project setting...but whats the use of this anyway then?
Hmm, it could be useful to start/stop the clock at various points in a song. Like, if the drums in your song is sequenced from a Grids this is how you could stop them during certain parts of a track.

You could do this in a number of other ways, of course, but I could see a use for it!
(03-05-2019, 09:55 PM)XORadmin Wrote: No you can't. There is no way to stop the clock output at the moment and i don't see the benefit to do so from the sequencer. However, disabling the clock could be a project setting...but whats the use of this anyway then?

Yes I use it to clock other sequencers and this would be useful for me to start and stop them all from nerdseq all different points of the song.

It would be no use for me as a project setting. I was hoping for a command to turn it on or off.
+1 it would be extremely helpful! That’d stop all your clock dividers triggering all sorts of stuff - envelopes to VCAs, triggers to percussion modules, etc. People route things in modular many different ways and stopping your main clock is essential in my book. It’s also standard procedure for every other sequencer and clock source I’ve used in Eurorack - Rene, Metropolis, uMidi, Pamela’s workout, and so on. I really think this is a must.
I am not aware of what other sequencers do. The NerdSEQ is not just another Eurorack sequencer that does all the stuff the others do.

But just to be sure, all these sequencers/clock generators can disable and enable their clock from any step in the sequence (and i mean not manually)?

Just a little hint: A logic AND will do just what you want easily as well. Eurorack style Smile

It's on my list.