Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gate delay
Hey. Regarding this:

"If the 1st digit is zero and the 2nd digit has a value it has a (inverted) function which results in a delayed gate: 

01 triggers OFF/ON shortly (delayed gate, 5ms delay) 
02 triggers OFF/ON with a longer OFF time (delayed gate, 10ms delay) 
03 triggers OFF/ON with an even longer OFF time (delayed gate, 15ms delay) ….. up to 0F"

When I'm sequencing sampler modules, and analog cv/gate modules at the same time from the NerdSeq, the sampler modules always lag a bit behind (samples loading of SD-card on my Bitbox for example, but also samples from the NerdSeq itself), but not as much as 5 ms. Any way that these values could go from as low as 1 ms and up? That way I could delay all gates not going to a sampler to make everything stay perfectly in sync.

Or, even easier, set an individual overall track delay on each track, ranging from 1 ms and up?
I think the problem is more the delay of the bitbox.
I doubt that the samples from the NerdSEQ play with any significant delay compared to the gates of the other tracks. I expect the delay in the lower microSecond area which is not audible for humans. It's more the fact of the samples themself i think. Many samples like bassdrums have the snappy point indeed not at the exact beginning of the sample and are so a bit off, (snappy point vs. gatepoint). You could play with the sample offsets to compensate this, but might lose some characteristic of the sample of course. It is and always have been a trade off with samples with all DAWs. Some are better and some are not. And some high-level DAWs on high end computers can compensate very deeply.
NerdSEQ can't. Build in delays for tracks are nearly impossible, it is not only about gates then, but everything.