Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble syncing with Elektron A4 mkII *SOLVED*
Question 
Hi guys I'm using din-sync to use my Analog Four mkII as a master clock with my NerdSeq... Everything works fine with starting and stopping but it seems the Nerdseq is a little behind in time. I noticed if I move the sequences on my elektron +1/96 of a step then the timing is perfect.  I have the Nerdseq triggering a 4 on the floor kick on my modular and I have a kick on my elektron doing the same thing.  They only play in time if I move the Elektron's kick forward 1/96th of a step

Is there anything I could be overlooking? Any solutions?

Thanks!
Did you set the NerdSEQ also to DIN-SYNC as input? (Just curious as sync24 will also work but with a slightly different result when reset is also connected to the run/start of the dinsync cable)

I have reports (and in my tests, multiple NerdSEQ DIN-SYNC chained) that it works well, but lets get deeper to find out.
(03-12-2019, 08:50 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Did you set the NerdSEQ also to DIN-SYNC as input? (Just curious as sync24 will also work but with a slightly different result when reset is also connected to the run/start of the dinsync cable)

I have reports (and in my tests, multiple NerdSEQ DIN-SYNC chained) that it works well, but lets get deeper to find out.

Yes I have the NerdSEQ clock in set to DIN-SYNC and on the Elektron I'm sending Din24 through the midi out into the ALM Busy Circuits Din-Sync adapter cable which is going into the NerdSEQ.
OK. I ordered the ALM cable and will try with my Digitone. I guess it has the same kind of DINsync generation. It'll take a few days, but i can report then.

Just to be sure, you are sequencing triggers or samples? And if triggers, they are like 10,20,30,40 or so?
(03-12-2019, 09:54 PM)XORadmin Wrote: OK. I ordered the ALM cable and will try with my Digitone. I guess it has the same kind of DINsync generation. It'll take a few days, but i can report then.

Just to be sure, you are sequencing triggers or samples? And if triggers, they are like 10,20,30,40 or so?

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

Yes, I was sequencing triggers all of them with a value of 20.
Back again,

so i received the DIN-Sync cable today, connected the digitone, set both the digitone and the NerdSEQ to DIN-sync while the Digitone is the master without compensation (is that even possible with the digitone?? don't know yet).
I have a four on the floor bassdrum on the digitone, four on the floor on a trigger output (Erica Bassdrum) and a four on the floor bassdrum on a sample output.

All 3 bassdrums run perfectly in sync. Starting stopping, all without problems. Also going down to 30 bpm where one should notice a difference if there would be a tick missing the most, also there, no problem at all.

I searched a bit around and came also here to this:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/analog-fo...hare/33913

Actually this doesn't fit onto your issue, except for the case if the A-MK2 would have a delay between the run and clock signal but doesn't handle this on it's own sequencer. It wouldn't make sense though, usually the sync24 ticks are exactly in time with midi clocks. So i guess thats not whats going on.
The NerdSEQ doesn't handle any delay which is definitely fine with modern equipement. And if it would, the timing would even be worse, compared to the master.
Maybe scope pictures that show the exact timing might help.
I figured out what the issue was.. I had my A4 in Overbridge Mode and once I turn that off everything syncs perfectly. It's strange though because I'm not using my computer to start the sequences, I'm still just pressing play on the elektron but for whatever reason when I have the usb config set to overbridge mode the NerdSEQ is just a little bit behind. Maybe you'll have similar results with Digitone's Overbridge?

Thanks a lot for helping out! Glad to know the NerdSEQ isn't the problem Smile
(03-20-2019, 06:30 PM)conwoo Wrote: I figured out what the issue was.. I had my A4 in Overbridge Mode and once I turn that off everything syncs perfectly.  It's strange though because I'm not using my computer to start the sequences, I'm still just pressing play on the elektron but for whatever reason when I have the usb config set to overbridge mode the NerdSEQ is just a little bit behind.  Maybe you'll have similar results with Digitone's Overbridge?

Thanks a lot for helping out! Glad to know the NerdSEQ isn't the problem Smile

Ah great, good to hear.

I didn't use overbridge yet, but i will try it out. Not at the moment, but i will do it at some point.

Cheers
T :-)