Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drum Matrix Keyzones Possibility?
Thumbs Up 
Hi, again firestARTer! Maximum respekt for v1.19.

Some are wondering if it will at all be possible in the future to have this function inside the Drum Matrix trigger channels, triggerable from the main Sequencer window.

Send a trigger to start a Mod Expander channel (shift + start) and a trigger to start a zone and a trigger (external trig in, monome?..X-OR Martix Expander?).

10q.
Hmm...not sure I understand the question but I'm thinking the Drummatrix features are exclusive to the expander module. The other expander modules (aside from the midi) haven't been released yet so it will be interesting to see how all this interacts when all connected together.
Haha i also find it difficult to understand. But i think i got it!

Yes.
(04-23-2019, 05:50 AM)Imonads Wrote: Hmm...not sure I understand the question but I'm thinking the Drummatrix features are exclusive to the expander module.  The other expander modules (aside from the midi) haven't been released yet so it will be interesting to see how all this interacts when all connected together.

That’s strange because the Drum matrix screen becomes available when you plug in the trigger expander (which is out now) and therefore not exclusive to the Drummatrix expander. 

The reason I ask for keygroups is because nesting many trigger patterns inside of just 1 sequencer will allow us to group together large sections of songs and trigger events as and when needed. This is all basic stuff. Perhaps getting a little head of myself as Drummatrix isn’t mentioned to be released yet, so I will be patient and quiet now. 

10x
(04-24-2019, 10:30 AM)T3t_one Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 05:50 AM)Imonads Wrote: Hmm...not sure I understand the question but I'm thinking the Drummatrix features are exclusive to the expander module.  The other expander modules (aside from the midi) haven't been released yet so it will be interesting to see how all this interacts when all connected together.

That’s strange because the Drum matrix screen becomes available when you plug in the trigger expander (which is out now) and therefore not exclusive to the Drummatrix expander. 

The reason I ask for keygroups is because nesting many trigger patterns inside of just 1 sequencer will allow us to group together large sections of songs and trigger events as and when needed. This is all basic stuff. Perhaps getting a little head of myself as Drummatrix isn’t mentioned to be released yet, so I will be patient and quiet now. 

10x

What is the drum-matrix expander? Maybe i don't really understand what you mean. There is the trigger16 expander and with this a drum-matrix screen is enabled.

So maybe it needs more explanation. Zone, keyzone,  Trigger nesting, Mod expander channel.... this sounds a bit like Midi to me but also not.
(04-24-2019, 10:40 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 10:30 AM)T3t_one Wrote:

10x

What is the drum-matrix expander? Maybe i don't really understand what you mean. There is the trigger16 expander and with this a drum-matrix screen is enabled.

So maybe it needs more explanation. Zone, keyzone,  Trigger nesting, Mod expander channel.... this sounds a bit like Midi to me but also not.

Ah this makes sense now. So, will this drummatrix screen be added to the MIDI screen? So there is zones playable from keyboard or MIDI trigger. But also the main sequencer window triggerable from the forethcoming Matrix Expander. You would need both as MIDI would be triggering groups of nested patterns and the Matrix Expander would be triggering the sets of groups from the main Sequencer window?