Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo outputs?
First off, I just want to say that I am completely smitten by this module.  It arrived just 48 hours ago and within minutes I was knocking out patterns.
Anyway, I was just playing with the sample tracks and one thing I missed was the possibility to add pan as an fx type.  It would be great if the 2 outputs could be linked as stereo and then use an FX to pan the sample.  Sorry if this has been requested before. I couldn’t find it in the search results.
(04-28-2019, 07:57 AM)apeirophobe Wrote: First off, I just want to say that I am completely smitten by this module.  It arrived just 48 hours ago and within minutes I was knocking out patterns.
Anyway, I was just playing with the sample tracks and one thing I missed was the possibility to add pan as an fx type.  It would be great if the 2 outputs could be linked as stereo and then use an FX to pan the sample.  Sorry if this has been requested before. I couldn’t find it in the search results.

Hey nice to hear!!

There is no stereo samplesupport, all samples are converted to mono. It's also not planned currently to change that. Also normally the outputs are coupled to the tracks, so no cross control is possible currently.

What you could do is to make 2 samples, one with the left and with the right channel of the original stereo sample.
Play them at the same time on both tracks and using the volume you can pan on each track which is giving you a stereo sample. However it will also occupy both sampletracks.

But some interresting ideas came up which could help here for sure.
Yeah, I was more interested in planning mono samples. No worries though as I can do that with external VCAs and control those with the NerdSeq.