Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A crazy suggestion — ticks number display
Hi. I have no idea if that would be useful for everybody but:
can Nerdseq display two more numbers in the pattern edit screen —
1. actual number of ticks of all steps before the BREAK command
SLASH
2. number of ticks of all steps before the BREAK command AS IF they all had 6 tick per step? just a multiple of 6 x number of steps before the BREAK?

i don't know about you but it would help me tremendously to use shuffle / odd rhythmic experiments

This suggestion was born out of a dialog with another Nerdseq owner and I also had an aha moment when she mentioned tick calculations.

Thanks!
Requested before in similar variations.
Would be possible. Would need continious recalculation i guess.
I gave it lower priority as i think checking for the break command is not the best solution. Also no use at all for non-straight rythms.

But I plan to introduce real pattern lengths and then it is (at least for a few people) interresting again.
(04-28-2019, 08:45 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Requested before in similar variations.
Would be possible. Would need continious recalculation i guess.
I gave it lower priority as i think checking for the break command is not the best solution. Also no use at all for non-straight rythms.

But I plan to introduce real pattern lengths and then it is (at least for a few people) interresting again.

Thank you! Good to know, indeed if we have "real" pattern length the need to check for BREAK command would be redundant. I know checking for break is a kludge, just couldn't come up with anything better. 

Also, why no sense for non-straight rhythms? I use non straight rhythms all the time Smile
To me it's just a measure to avoid unintentional "piano-phasing" all of the tracks.