Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Transpose functions
I have two requests that both involve the use of the Transpose in the Project window:

1. I would like the project transpose to not take effect until I release the shift key.  Or a way to select the behavior between that and how it transposes currently.  Very useful when transposing a song into a new key in a performance setting without having to chromatically step up/down.

2. Would like a way to assign a track to ignore the master/project transpose function. Could be used to keep samples typically assigned to drums from pitching up/down, especially in extreme cases where I go up or down an octave during a live performance. Also very useful for instances where I have two songs running in one project file and could quickly/easily transpose one into the other's key without affecting them both. Could be under Nerd>Track Setup?

Thanks Big Grin
Alternate idea: add ** as a note option for Track 7 & 8 that will trigger the the sample unpitched (C4). That way when master transposing a track it will ignore the ** note and play normally.
(06-02-2019, 08:49 PM)skybox Wrote: Alternate idea: add ** as a note option for Track 7 & 8 that will trigger the the sample unpitched (C4).  That way when master transposing a track it will ignore the ** note and play normally.

Hmm...i would rather add another FX command -> Ignore Global transpose for the next XX steps or something like this.
But let me think further about it, so maybe i can combine it with another usefull FX command here.
FX makes a lot of sense, especially so it could be used in midi/cv tracks as well. Could have an on/off parameter (00/FF) as well as step-based.