Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember cursor position in the pattern screen
Not sure if this one is actually a bug report or feature request, but whenever you enter the pattern screen, the cursor always resets to the top position. On other screens (sequencer, table, automate, project, etc) it always opens the screen with the cursor at the last position you moved it to. I find this quite disorienting on the pattern screen and would much rather it remembered the position.
(05-19-2019, 09:26 PM)bovaflux Wrote: Not sure if this one is actually a bug report or feature request, but whenever you enter the pattern screen, the cursor always resets to the top position. On other screens (sequencer, table, automate, project, etc) it always opens the screen with the cursor at the last position you moved it to. I find this quite disorienting on the pattern screen and would much rather it remembered the position.

Yes on the list. Please check first if something has been discussed or posted before as it saves me much work which i can use for firmware development  Wink

https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...ght=cursor
ah sorry, missed that one!
(05-20-2019, 11:53 AM)bovaflux Wrote: ah sorry, missed that one!

No problem Smile
Just an idea:

If one enters the same pattern as the last time, it would go back to where you left. If it is another pattern, go to first position.

( ) Yes
( ) No
( ) Maybe
I would say "Maybe". On it's own it sounds ok, but if you are considering the request for shortcuts to jump between patterns/tracks, maybe that would become disorienting? (see: https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=342)
(05-28-2019, 08:59 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Just an idea:

If one enters the same pattern as the last time, it would go back to where you left. If it is another pattern, go to first position.

( ) Yes
( ) No
( ) Maybe

(X) Yes

Yes, please! Not going to the start of a pattern when it's a different pattern would be really confusing. I like remembering between screens when you go to and from the same pattern. But, a different pattern would be REALLY awkward. I've used software that does that (been a while, don't remember which one haha) and it's REALLY confusing, even after using it for a while.

It'd be more work, but what about a setting for remember pattern position: "never" or "same pattern" or "always"