Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automators and beat divisions
Hi,

I have a question regarding the automators - specifically when using the white noise (random).

How do I set this so it changes exactly every 1/4 note? or every bar? I'm having trouble figuring out how to trigger this so I get a new random value on a musical division.

If this isn't possible could I request it as a feature? So you can quickly set your LFO for example to trigger on beat divisions easily.

If I've missed something, sorry! hope you can let me know how to do this.

Thanks,
Chris
I think that might be not exactly possible. Thats not how the Automators work, beside that they can be matched to the pattern length, the waveforms and especially the noise waveforms are not in a pattern division. You could get them somehow near there i guess but not exactly.
I plan to use the waveforms also for other features beside the automators at some point.
ah no worries, I was just hoping to use them as Sample and Holds directed at velocity (so I'd get a random velocity amount for each trigger).

Also I wanted to use them as Sample and Holds for midi cc going out too, but I really need them quantised exactly to the beat.

ps. any chance we can have Velocity as an option for modulation by the CV inputs?

I know you can change the sample volume, but how about the CV tracks velocity column?

Wink
(05-20-2019, 09:22 AM)theotteryears Wrote: ps. any chance we can have Velocity as an option for modulation by the CV inputs?

I know you can change the sample volume, but how about the CV tracks velocity column?

Wink

I don't really get it. You mean like more settings when using the CV input as automator?
There is no velocity column on the CV tracks so i am not sure what you mean.
(05-20-2019, 09:39 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 09:22 AM)theotteryears Wrote: ps. any chance we can have Velocity as an option for modulation by the CV inputs?

Wink

I don't really get it. You mean like more settings when using the CV input as automator?

Oops sorry, I wrote cv when I meant midi tracks!!
So an option for Automator when using cv inputs to affect midi velocity Smile
(05-20-2019, 10:02 AM)theotteryears Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 09:39 AM)XORadmin Wrote:

Wink

Oops sorry, I wrote cv when I meant midi tracks!!
So an option for Automator when using cv inputs to affect midi velocity Smile

Oh ok, i see. That would only work as a overrule of course as there is nothing like a velocity command except for when notes are being played. Depending on your midi-synthesizer you can already use the CC for it of course (and route CV-Input to the CC to control a possible velocity setting).
But else, put it for sure in the feature requests...
ah good thinking, but alas my Nord Drum doesn't have velocity as a midi cc :/

ok I will request! Smile
(05-20-2019, 11:57 AM)theotteryears Wrote: ah good thinking, but alas my Nord Drum doesn't have velocity as a midi cc :/

ok I will request! Smile

Maybe you try with aftertouch. This is also often used to manipulate the velocity!
Sorry for necroposting but asking under this topic seem more suatable than opening a new topic

At latest manual (1.19) if clock source for LFO set as tick or pattern LFO length equals to one pattern.
How does this work? Is it always equal to 64 steps or does it check BRK commands. What happens if two following patterns are in different length?
And the sppen value is operated as divider, so if i set to 4 LFO length is 16 steps for a full length pattern?

Thanks.
(08-26-2019, 02:03 PM)swashplate Wrote: Sorry for necroposting but asking under this topic seem more suatable than opening a new topic

At latest manual (1.19) if clock source for LFO set as tick or pattern LFO length equals to one pattern.
How does this work? Is it always equal to 64 steps or does it check BRK commands. What happens if two following patterns are in different length?  
And the sppen value is operated as divider, so if i set to 4 LFO length is 16 steps for a full length pattern?

Thanks.

The clock is based on the mainclock. And one full iteration of the mainclock is then 1 LFO length if the speed is set to 1.
The automators don't know anything about the patterns, so different pattern lengths doesn't make any change to the LFO. In fact, speed 1 is 64 steps, speed 2 is 32 steps and so on.
Maybe i explained it wrong in the manual. I will check that when i update to 1.20.

But you can still getting very far getting is somehow sync to your patterns if you live manipulate the LFO from the patterns and if the pattern is for example 16 steps only, then you use the good divider for the LFO speed and will most probably get good results.